Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Retirement

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17george View Post
    Started a new chapter today was my last day of work
    Glad to hear you made it to the end! Also many happy days ahead. It'll take a few months to find your rhythm, just take time each morning and have that second cup of coffee before you dive in. Maybe some of those things you thought were important to do or try won't seem to be such a priority now.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats George....it's definitely a different world out there when you are retired, and hopefully you will enjoy the fruits of your labors. I joined the retired club on April 30th, 2020, right in the start/beginnings of the pandemic, after working 50 years of my life (1970-2020). Unfortunately, with the Covid thing going on and getting worse every day, we pretty much laid low for several months, trying to avoid any exposure or possibility of exposure, since we are both in our 60s and of course, considered to be at a "higher risk". Fast forward to now and we are both enjoying the lifestyle, basically doing what we want to do when we want to do it.......or not. The worst thing about being retired.......you never have a SCHEDULED day off!
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Fast forward to now and we are both enjoying the lifestyle, basically doing what we want to do when we want to do it.......or not. The worst thing about being retired.......you never have a SCHEDULED day off!
    I look at it as "every day is a Saturday". So far I've strung together nearly four years of them. It's the world following their schedule that is the bugger for me.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 06-12-2021 at 12:58 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptPicardo View Post
    Congratulations 17George! I'm envious. Are you going full-time now (or are you already FT)?
    No wife has to work a couple more years
    NAVY 1980-1984
    2022 Reflection 337 RLS
    2023 GMC SierraDenali 2500 HD
    Anderson ultimate hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations 17george. I wish you all the happiness, adventures and most importantly health for many years to come.

Oldcow
    2023 F450
    2013 Outback 300RB
    2018 DR650
    2004 Kawasaki ZRX 1224R

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to "the club"!
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did it 10 years ago here in a couple weeks. She is and has been a domestic engineer. Worked all my life and yes I would be board stiff and about 800 pounds if I didn't do anything. I kept my little handyman business happening and now I work when and how i want and it gives me all the extra cash to go and do. we leave just about every month for a few days or week, and at least once per year we head out for a month ish. Just love it and we still have home base. works for us and when SS comes into play in just over a year, that will change things up a bit too. Good Luck and keep on keeping on.
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started a new chapter today was my last day of work
    We worked our butts off to gain the freedom we started enjoying October last year. Don't miss the hustle and bustle one bit, or the sticks and bricks. We do and go where we want. Many happy adventures await, enjoy!
    Last edited by Steven@147; 06-12-2021 at 10:53 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations George, I retired March 5th. Still trying to get use to it!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No wife has to work a couple more years
    LOL, I got to retire young, wife needed another 7 years to reach her retirement. After 3 months of her getting up early to go to work while I sat in my jamies and had another cup of coffee she got really annoyed with me. We had one of those earnest marital discussions. Did some mathematics, did some long term goal assessments, did some end of life planning, talked to the kids (they had all moved out of state), thought about life in general. Did some more mathematics. End result, she just up and quit her job, we sold the house, bought the RV and hit the road.

We had to make many adjustments to live within our new restricted budget. But we have been working it for a while. Another year and a half she will get to collect SS and we will get a raise, but that is all going into end of life expenses. It's a plan.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast