User Tag List

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure I should be adding this to different conversation, but since I started this about the Tire Linc I'm adding it here. I have used this accessory for a few months and my biggest grip about it is the small display on the phone when I pull it up. I have a trailer with 4 tires and it shows the top view of the trailer and the reading of each. I'd really like this to be BIGGER. I don't need the trailer, or if you have to keep it make the reading boxes LARGER.
    2021 Imagine 2500RL
    2019 Ram Rebel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer View Post
    I'm sure I should be adding this to different conversation, but since I started this about the Tire Linc I'm adding it here. I have used this accessory for a few months and my biggest grip about it is the small display on the phone when I pull it up. I have a trailer with 4 tires and it shows the top view of the trailer and the reading of each. I'd really like this to be BIGGER. I don't need the trailer, or if you have to keep it make the reading boxes LARGER.
    Submit feedback to LCI. You can find the contact information in the app, or at lippert.com.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobe320 View Post
    Hi....I'm referring to UTQC. You can read the UTQC and use it as a guide at www.tirerack.com. It explains the temperature ratings A, B, C....etc.. you can then calculate the max. temp for your tires.
    So no one knows what that setting does. Thats what your telling me? You keep saying maximum temperature change but they’re already is a setting for maximum temperature this says maximum temperature change makes no sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreenblade View Post
    So no one knows what that setting does. Thats what your telling me? You keep saying maximum temperature change but they’re already is a setting for maximum temperature this says maximum temperature change makes no sense

Okay think of it like this. Lets say you had your max temp setting at 120 degrees because you assumed a starting temp of around 90 due to summer use. If you use your "RIG" in the fall when temps drop to around 50 degrees you're a long way way from 120 degrees. Thats what the setting is for. You'd expect your tire to not increase in temp 70 degrees to trigger that warning. Hope that makes sense.
    2021 Imagine 2500RL
    2019 Ram Rebel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer View Post
    Okay think of it like this. Lets say you had your max temp setting at 120 degrees because you assumed a starting temp of around 90 due to summer use. If you use your "RIG" in the fall when temps drop to around 50 degrees you're a long way way from 120 degrees. Thats what the setting is for. You'd expect your tire to not increase in temp 70 degrees to trigger that warning. Hope that makes sense.
    No still doesn’t make sense to me you set the high temperature threshold to reaches 150° it goes off, who cares if it reaches 40° why would you want it to alert you any point else How does “max temperature change” alert something?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will the tpms on the fifthwheel work with newer trucks that have TPMS sensor on the dash?
    Anchored Adventure
    F-250 & 351MR
    Every mile is a memory...

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, and the more I use this system I am wishing it had better features. When I have my DW pull up the app it take forever to connect. If I have it running why isn’t it connected already.

Plus the display on my iPhone 10 is oriented so that I can’t see it without picking up my phone. I done need a trailer diagram just show big numbers in a four quad configuration.
    2021 Imagine 2500RL
    2019 Ram Rebel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreenblade View Post
    No still doesn’t make sense to me you set the high temperature threshold to reaches 150° it goes off, who cares if it reaches 40° why would you want it to alert you any point else How does “max temperature change” alert something?

I am assuming it is to warn you if the temperature of a tire goes up because of bad bearings, dragging brakes, etc.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had very little success with Tire-Linc. Been messing with it on trips since May. Every time you want to be sure of the pressures it is displaying you need to restart the app. Or perhaps restart the phone. Or re-add tire-linc to the accessory list in compass connect. Because you are never sure if the app is updating. One particular time my wife looked at the display and the pressures all looked fine. But the numbers had not changed a bit. So she tapped the screen and the message 'not updated in 46 minutes' comes up. Well isn't that just lovely. It has happened with various time intervals every trip. The monitor that comes with the system no longer comes with us. It will randomly beep for no apparent reason. The fourth time it alarmed was the last time it came camping. It's in the box in the house now (almost went out a window a couple trips ago..lol). At other times the app will display cannot connect while driving down the highway. Still the same distance from the repeater in the trailer so I'm not sure what would cause that issue.
    So my take is the software is letting this system down big time. Maybe it's my phone - Samsung A5 2017 Android Ver 8.0. But I'm not buying another phone so my TPMS works.
    If there is no significant improvements by the end of this coming winter, it will be binned and replaced with a reliable system.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchored Acres View Post
    Will the tpms on the fifthwheel work with newer trucks that have TPMS sensor on the dash?
    Not likely. Only integration with the dash I know of is if you add the truck OEM package to the trailer. The Lippert Linc system can work through the Ford Pass app on 2020 or newer Sync systems.

Newly full timing in our 2021 Momentum 395MS-R with our tow pig being a 2021 F-450 KR

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast