User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Propane Level Indicator

I am a new, first-time RV owner. Imagine XLS 17 MKE. The owner's manual says that I should see green or red in the indicator window on the propane level indicator between the tanks. I see nothing, just black. Both tanks are on and it doesn't matter which way the selector valve is positioned. No red or green at all. Am I missing something or should I refer this back to the dealer as a warranty issue?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn’t worry about it

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not worried about it in the sense that I think it’s a danger. But on a brand new rig, I do want it to work properly so I don’t run out of propane without warning.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbaby50 View Post
    I’m not worried about it in the sense that I think it’s a danger. But on a brand new rig, I do want it to work properly so I don’t run out of propane without warning.
    But how would you know to check it anyway?
    It may flick red when it empties and will auto switch to the other tank but there isn’t a way of knowing this occurs

I just randomly check mine by weight. If it is getting light I take it to top it off
    Plus I always leave one tank closed so when the gas stops I know the tank is empty and I have a full one on hand
    But take it back to the dealer if you like
    Maybe it is one of the ones affected by the recall anyway

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a new, first-time RV owner. Imagine XLS 17 MKE. The owner's manual says that I should see green or red in the indicator window on the propane level indicator between the tanks. I see nothing, just black. Both tanks are on and it doesn't matter which way the selector valve is positioned. No red or green at all. Am I missing something or should I refer this back to the dealer as a warranty issue?
    On our 'imagine 2950 the regulator between the tanks is where the red/green indicator was. It was very hard to see the color change but it was there, it is not a bright color. You almost had to look at the window straight on and very close to see the color. With both tanks full you wont see red. It was kind of a pain to remove the tank cover all the time just to see the color window on the regulator, its behind the regulator, you can not see it through the trap door on the top of the tank cover. We kept only one tank open at a time so we knew when it ran out.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    On our 'imagine 2950 the regulator between the tanks is where the red/green indicator was. It was very hard to see the color change but it was there, it is not a bright color. You almost had to look at the window straight on and very close to see the color. With both tanks full you wont see red. It was kind of a pain to remove the tank cover all the time just to see the color window on the regulator, its behind the regulator, you can not see it through the trap door on the top of the tank cover. We kept only one tank open at a time so we knew when it ran out.
    Running with just one tank turned on is a good idea. I do that.

I have this item that helps me keep track of propane level.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To answer your question, if you don't see either color it's a warranty issue. You are right to expect all things be working as designed. That being said if it would be more convenient and if you are able to do some DIY replacing it yourself. There are three threaded pipe connections and two screws holding it on (if it's like mine). Contact Grand Design customer service explain your problem and open a file and case # (probably not the the first). They will probably be more than glad to send a new one.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As others have noted, it can be hard to see. It wasn't until this year (after 4 years of owning!) that I was actually able to see which color was showing. The right angle, in the right light. Move just a little, and it again looked black. The good part is that propane generally lasts a very long time. After a month of running the furnace in 45 degree weather most nights, and using the stove once or twice a day, I finally had one tank run out. (water heater on electric). Of course that usage can vary wildly, but you'll get far longer than you think, whatever the case. For me, I'm down to once a week of taking the cover off, trying to see the color, and usually just loosening the hold down a bit so I can judge if a tank feels light, or not. Not a fool-proof method, as I have taken my share of still 1/2 full tanks in to get filled - which can be more costly if the place you go to charges a flat rate for a fill, rather than by the actual amount added.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I run on one tank. It runs dry, I know it needs filling and turn on the other tank. I don't need to feel warm and fuzzy over running both tanks at the same time.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never saw green on ours but I do see red when one is empty. Before we got these https://www.mopeka.com/ I would weight the tanks before a trip to give me an idea. We run with both tanks open cause I don't want the fridge to turn off while we are out and about during a trip. It take so long for it to reach its temp.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast