Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion GD quality is barely more than a myth. My trailer left the factory with the rear brakes not even connected and the dealer gave me a bunch of reasons why the brakes were "normal" as I left their lot and told them the brakes didn't feel right. Had a bunch of other fairly minor issues that eventually were taken care of.

Good luck getting your dealer to fix anything quickly. My first time in for warranty repair took 3 months for what should have been a few days work and some of the problems weren't fixed correctly. Had to return it again for another 6 weeks for what should have been a few hours to repair. And to top it off one of their fixes caused another issue that made it clear they never tested the repair.

And all this was before the pandemic was even heard of.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess we were fortunate in that we had pretty much zero issues with our 2600RB other than some led lights flickering the first day but they stopped the second day and never flickered again in 8 months.
    Hope we are as lucky with the new one.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchBulldogRV View Post
    Hello All! ......
    My next find, the precision power display panel doesn’t work. Nothing is displayed.
    I will let others talk about your other issues, but the panel not working, I may have some insight into this one. Since we rent our 3/4 ton tow vehicle (for now) I get a different manufacturer/year each time. I recall plugging in my 7-pin connector pointing down, but the last time I went out, I connected it pointing up. It "seemed" to fit and felt it seat properly. WELL, that caused a short, and although everything seemed OK, it was not. Initially, it locked my trailer brakes. I disconnected then reconnected the 7-pin connector (pointing Up - which was wrong) but everything seemed OK after doing that. While connected to shore power, the panel worked fine. However, when just connected to the truck, the panel was DOA. Took our rig to our dealer (Campers Inn in Acworth, GA -- GREAT PEOPLE AND SERVICE) to figure out what was going on. Power from the truck to the rig (before the battery) was ok, but not from the battery to the rig. After checking the fuses it was determined that a capacitor (not sure if I have the correct terminology) was blown. It basically died doing its job protecting the rig. Replaced the capacitor and was told to make sure to follow the 7-pin connector key, which may differ between the truck I rent and even the year. A newbie mistake, but thankfully learned (once I hope) without too much damage other than to my pride.
    Mitch and Alisa Frank
    2020 Imagine XLS 22 MLE
    2020 RAM 2500 Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tfgd21bhe View Post
    ..... My trailer left the factory with the rear brakes not even connected and the dealer gave me a bunch of reasons why the brakes were "normal" as I left their lot and told them the brakes didn't feel right.... .
    Again, Kudos to Campers Inn (Acworth, GA). The 1st thing that the tech tested when I hooked up the truck to the trailer was to test the trailer brakes. The tech told me that I was not leaving the lot until HE was satisfied that the trailer brakes were working. The tech checked my gain (initially set to 6) in the truck, then told me to move idle forward and ONLY use the trailer brakes to come to a full stop. Landed up adjusting the gain to about 7.5. I am not paid for saying this, but Kudos to Campers Inn, Actworth, GA for doing what is right.
    Mitch and Alisa Frank
    2020 Imagine XLS 22 MLE
    2020 RAM 2500 Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you figure out what was wrong with the A/C?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While we're yet to pick up our new Travel Trailer, I have watched two PDI videos on YouTube that were filmed by the purchaser and on the exact model we want. This should be done with all connections working and before you take possession. The dealer should turn on the fridge in ample time to have it cool. The dealer should inspect for any damage or leaks before you take possession. In my opinion, this is service to the customer and while yes, things can happen while in transit, that pre-inspection can markedly reduce any unpleasant surprises. I did watch a video on LazyDays RV sales in Tampa that provides camping space on the property and in doing so, can resolve any unseen issues. I thank you for this post, regret the issues you're having and hope other first-time buyers can benefit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12