User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure the hot water heater is still not in bypass mode from being winterized! Son-in-law just bought a new camper water coming out of the faucet and none in hot water heater. Now having to install a new pressure release valve.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your toy hauler is like a regular trailer there are bypass valves the are used when you winterize your trailer. You have to make sure the valves are not set to bypass the water heater.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your rig was bought from a dealer, the water heater should be full. They test the water heater in the pre delivery inspection.
    Once filled that heater will not empty unless you drain it on purpose

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To the best of my knowledge if you have the Nautilus system, you can bypass the hot water heater by turning the red valve. If you look at winterization and antifreeze fill, you will notice they tell you to switch off the hot water heater with red knob. If you leave it in city water mode, then yes the hot water heater will automatically fill, but for reference, your hot water heater bypass is the red knob if you have the Nautilus system.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grammy&Grandad View Post
    A related consideration - if you are regularly connected to a harder city water supply (more minerals), your water heater will scale up more rapidly. If you pull the anode rod to drain the water heater periodically....
    Attachment 35031
    2 questions:
    1) We use our rig 1 once a month (starting in April through Nov) each trip about 3 or 4 days. As there could be 1 month between trips, should I drain the hot water tank at the end of each trip???
    2) I have an Imagine 22mle. Do all hot water tanks have an anode rode? I did not see this when I winterized the rig (1st time) last year.
    Mitch and Alisa Frank
    2020 Imagine XLS 22 MLE
    2020 RAM 2500 Diesel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So everyone saying to turn the hot water on to check that it is full. Do you ever consider it being on bypass?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jlreaa View Post
    So everyone saying to turn the hot water on to check that it is full. Do you ever consider it being on bypass?
    Well this is basic camping 101 imo
    Why would you still have your heater on bypass if you are trying to use it???

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason I brought it up about the bypass was the first line of the OP." Originally Posted by JHinAZ

Hi all. This is my first trailer and I'm finding this to be super confusing"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrffrank440 View Post
    2 questions:
    1) We use our rig 1 once a month (starting in April through Nov) each trip about 3 or 4 days. As there could be 1 month between trips, should I drain the hot water tank at the end of each trip???
    2) I have an Imagine 22mle. Do all hot water tanks have an anode rode? I did not see this when I winterized the rig (1st time) last year.
    I think whether or not to empty the water heater between trips that close apart would be a matter of preference?
    And I should have been more specific about anode rod check / replacement... Suburban brand heaters have anode rods. Atwood brand uses aluminum tanks and have no need for an anode rod. I don't believe Dometic brand water heaters require anode rods either.
    Home is where you park it!
    2021 Solitude 380FL
    2014 Silverado 3500HD LTZ DRW 6.6L Duramax Allison 6 Speed
    RVing since 1996; Full Time since 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best way, in my opinion, is to simply open the high pressure valve on the top of the water heater. Once the is a good stream coming out, the water heater is full. Then when you open a hot water faucet, air will escape out of the lines between the hot water heater and the faucet.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123