User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually have the step lights/frame perimeter on until i go to bed, sometimes the front LEDs to ligjt up the truck area if im in a particular area thats not the best on security. I will leave my porch light on and i have an 10ft LED string on a dusk to dawn sensor under the actual steps out a few ft on either side. Yeah, i have the tinted windows and dark shades on the 351M

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bigmo1; 06-28-2021 at 10:29 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    What do you mean by "wheel strip," Ray? I'm trying to envision placement. If you're talking about LED strip lighting around the bottom perimeter, the newer Solitudes come with it (I'm not sure about other lines). You just have to find a wiring path to 12VDC and a way to secure the LED strip(s) to the underside of the chassis. BTW - there's a lot of chatter on the Escapees forums about campers who leave outside lighting on after bedtime.

Rob
    Which is why I do not use campgrounds.....
    Whose bedtime? I havn't had a bedtime since I was a preteen.

Campgrounds are just full of busy bodies that want to complain about others. His lights are too bright, his dog barked, His kids did... whatever, his generator bothers me, etc.etc. I get enough of that in the city. I will not subject my self to that when camping
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did this on my trailer. Added led strip lights the length of the trailer on the frame rails. I came up through the outside edge of the ring where the water hose goes into the front compartment and plugged it into one of the outlets. It gives off a downward glow and one benefit i didn't count on was it lit up my steps at night which made for better access. This keeps me from having to use the harsh led porch light. I do shut them down at night just to be a good neighbor.
    Tim and Nora
    2021 Reflection 315 RLTS
    2021 Silverado HD 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tabnab View Post
    I did this on my trailer. Added led strip lights the length of the trailer on the frame rails. I came up through the outside edge of the ring where the water hose goes into the front compartment and plugged it into one of the outlets. It gives off a downward glow and one benefit i didn't count on was it lit up my steps at night which made for better access. This keeps me from having to use the harsh led porch light. I do shut them down at night just to be a good neighbor.
    We did the same, got the lights from WallyWorld. Plug them in AC at the nautilus panel and they run down the left side "J" wrap, across the front and down the right side "J" wrap, under the steps and to the right front tire. Keeps the light down low, lights up the steps, and most times we cant use the awnings and those lights are wrapped up in the awning at the tube. The porch light even yellow we use sometimes but is bright and still draws bugs to the door.
    I use little pads stuck to the "J"wrap and tie strap the rope lights to the pads, always removed when traveling.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    Well Rob, yea, bottom perimeter area, sounds like something I might not want to pursue.
    Thanks Sarge
    Happy 4th.
    Sarge if a little extra mood lighting is something you want while relaxing outside your RV then go for it! Just be respectful of your neighbors, don't have bright lights glaring at their RV, and turn off mood lighting at bedtime. I always leave my blue step light on at night time in case I have to exit the RV in an emergency. I also did a dimmer mod on my awning lights, splitting them off of one switch and now have two separate dimmer switches to tone down the bright lights when they aren't needed.
    Another option for a little exterior lighting is to identify and mark the running light contact and the +12volt contact on the RV plug. Then make up a little jumper with male spade terminals and pop it in both contacts to turn on your running lights while parked.... again not something to leave on all night but simply for a little extra evening lighting.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We put a rope light around our patio area and plug in with the exterior outlet. Had a neighbor couple in a tent in the site next to us. They weren’t happy about the light “pollution”. Well folks, there are 3 non electric loops in this state park. Lots of empty sites. Electric sites are there for us to use the electricity and we like to outline our patio area. Of course we turn them off when we go in. Now, about that dog of yours that barks at everyone that passes by your site...
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
    We put a rope light around our patio area and plug in with the exterior outlet. Had a neighbor couple in a tent in the site next to us. They weren’t happy about the light “pollution”. Well folks, there are 3 non electric loops in this state park. Lots of empty sites. Electric sites are there for us to use the electricity and we like to outline our patio area. Of course we turn them off when we go in. Now, about that dog of yours that barks at everyone that passes by your site...
    They weren’t happy that your lights were in their eyes so did you turn them off?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    They weren’t happy that your lights were in their eyes so did you turn them off?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Not at all. They were on the ground and our site was a bit higher than theirs. Red, white and blue and not the real bright lights. I get it that some people want what I would call the true camping experience without outdoor lights and maybe the use of only a lantern, but there are 4 loops in the campground. Two electric and two non electric. The non electric have more space and privacy. It didn’t make sense that they’d have a small tent in an electric site and then complain about lights on the ground. We are always conscious of others and respectful of others.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
    Not at all. They were on the ground and our site was a bit higher than theirs. Red, white and blue and not the real bright lights. I get it that some people want what I would call the true camping experience without outdoor lights and maybe the use of only a lantern, but there are 4 loops in the campground. Two electric and two non electric. The non electric have more space and privacy. It didn’t make sense that they’d have a small tent in an electric site and then complain about lights on the ground. We are always conscious of others and respectful of others.
    There are many reasons to choose an electric site other than for lighting
    Cooking is a big one and just charging a phone
    Sorry but I don’t see the need for any lights
    But the issue is that you knew they were irritated and actually “complained”? and you still just did your thing.

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    There are many reasons to choose an electric site other than for lighting
    Cooking is a big one and just charging a phone
    Sorry but I don’t see the need for any lights
    But the issue is that you knew they were irritated and actually “complained”? and you still just did your thing.

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    He paid extra for an electric site. Did the tent campers offer to reimburse him because they did not want him to use what he paid for?.... Highly unlikely. Like many, they just want to complain.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast