User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leveling blocks???????

For anyone who has purchased the curved leveling blocks is there some to buy and also some to stay away from? Have read many posts that absolutely love them and also some who have crushed them on their first use. I think that they are a good idea but don't want the hassle of purchasing something that is either poorly designed or made with inferior material. TYIA.....

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    For anyone who has purchased the curved leveling blocks is there some to buy and also some to stay away from? Have read many posts that absolutely love them and also some who have crushed them on their first use. I think that they are a good idea but don't want the hassle of purchasing something that is either poorly designed or made with inferior material. TYIA.....
    We used the Beach Lane levelers for 2+ yrs with our previous TT - 11,000 lb GVWR. Never had an issue with them. Bought the BLs due to reading reports of the Andersen levelers breaking. Never found a report of the BL levelers breaking, but that may not mean anything. The BL levelers come with the mat for use in gravel and sand. Not sure if the Andersen does now or not.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the Anderson and love them, but as @Fsalmy mentioned, if you have a heavier rig (10,000+) Beach Lane's might be the better choice.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leveling blocks???????

I have a set of Andersons. I hate them I used them once in the driveway. I keep a couple of 1x8s and 2x8s in my truck bed. So much easier. I park the trailer where I want it. I put a level on the A frame and decide the height. Then I take a board lay it parallel to the wheels move up and have my wife push them in, done. I can sell you them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the camco levellers
    Much cheaper and work great

Can level everything myself in seconds with these and the LevelMatePRO

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used the Anderson and am using the Camco now.

I had the Anderson for our single axle vintage Airstream and it cracked.

So when we got our new trailer I was looking for something different found the Camco. They were much cheaper than buying two Anderson's and the honeycomb design of the Camco made sense for strength.

I have been happy with the Camco levelers. They are sturdy and do the job. The only con is their size. Wider would be good. The shorter length can be an issue as well as it takes some careful throttle work to not drive right off them. The Anderson's are longer so they are more forgiving when pulling the tires on them. But the length of the Anderson can also be an issue with tandems and you have to trim one of them.

If and when I need new ones, I will look at the Beech Lane. But for the money and as infrequently we use them the Camco work very well for me.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have both, Beech Lane and Anderson. With my old camper, I've broken 2 Anderson but no BL. I think the issue with the Anderson is the arc is not the same radius as the tires. So when the tires apply weight, it cracks the hard plastic trying to open up the curve. The BL seems to be made out of a slightly softer plastic that flexes a bit. My old camper weighed in just under 10k. Haven't tried with my 337 yet.
    2022 337RLS & 2017 CTD Ram long bed
    720w of solar & Victron MPPT/battery monitors
    4x100AHr LiPo batteries & 2500w PSW
    Lots of other mods too....

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. I'm really behind the times. I've been using Linx blocks for years with no issues. I just build a stack at the needed height and drive the trailer up on them.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OurNewEra View Post
    I have been happy with the Camco levelers. They are sturdy and do the job. The only con is their size. Wider would be good. The shorter length can be an issue as well as it takes some careful throttle work to not drive right off them. The Anderson's are longer so they are more forgiving when pulling the tires on them. But the length of the Anderson can also be an issue with tandems and you have to trim one of them.

I find putting the truck into 4 LO actually make it easy
    Low speed and lots of torque

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    Wow. I'm really behind the times. I've been using Linx blocks for years with no issues. I just build a stack at the needed height and drive the trailer up on them.
    That is all I used on my last trailer as well and they work fine just find with the LevelMatePRO these work better and if you need 3-4 inches in height the camco levellers will take up much less space than the required linc blocks to do the same

Ymmv

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast