User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Duallies are for Pus*ies, but then again, none of you all were navy that rode the high 7 seas.

Just kidding, thinking about selling 3500 SRW now for a Dually RAM or Found on Roadside Dead 450. I'll bet mine is better till proven wrong. F450 has a freak turning radius, I won't beat that.

Best,
    Jeff
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptPicardo View Post
    Duallies are for Pus*ies, but then again, none of you all were navy that rode the high 7 seas.

Just kidding, thinking about selling 3500 SRW now for a Dually RAM or Found on Roadside Dead 450. I'll bet mine is better till proven wrong. F450 has a freak turning radius, I won't beat that.

Best,
    Jeff
    I was on a Destroyer in the Bermuda Triangle with waves crashing onto the roof of the bridge, doing war game maneuvers in the early 70's. Walking down the passage way to the mess hall, it felt like I was walking on the wall a few times headed to get coffee to help finish out the 6 hour navigation duties as a TAD quartermaster.
    That was quite an adventure for 4 days. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hooyah Ken, rough waters make for good 5th wheelers! My roughest stretch was north Pacific enroute Japan, then Somalia in Jan 94. We dang near lost half the ARG.
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Will Not Be Dictated To
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Me too!. Though I never doubted that DRW was better than SRW for towing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lgleaves View Post
    Ok, ok.

I gave everyone a hard time a few months ago about bragging about their dually pickups.
    Since I got my Solitude 390rk, I've towed over 8k miles with my F350 SRW truck without any issues.
    However, the DW said to me last week that she thought I should get a new dually truck before we go permanently full time (in about 6 months).

Who am I to argue with the wife??

Found a 2021 F350 Lariat DRW that arrived at a dealer the day I called. Took the 2 hour trip, and 2 hours later, it was mine.
    The real deciding factor was that they offered me $47,000 trade in on my 2017 F350 XLT. Sales price was $78,000. $31,000 spread was worth the swap.

Heading out to experience the real difference this weekend. (as soon as I get my B&W puck hitch mount for the new truck.) So far, just driving it, I can tell the
    results will be dramatic.

And I'm sorry for doubting you all.
    Congratulations to both of us. I was sort of forced into buying my F350 DRW Lariat today. On the way back from our last camping trip, last weekend, my 2016 Titan XD with the Cummins and only 26,000 miles went into limp mode and threw dozens of codes. It is out of warranty, and once fixed will be sold as the result of an unfortunate experiment by Nissan that I was a part of.
    There is literally a famine of diesel trucks >than 1/2 ton anywhere here in Coastal NC. I lucked out in finding the only 350, there were no 250's within 100 miles, at a local Ford dealer. This week they received three 250's and the 350 we bought. All sold in less than 5 days. Our 350 CC is pretty much maxed for towing and for any upgrades the better half wants when I finally retire, maybe.
    It came with the Camper Package, 4:10 LSD rear end, 5990 lb front axle, 9900 lb rear axle, Trailer Backup Pro assist, 4X4, and 5th wheel prep. It has 14000 GVWR and a 5256lb payload. Ford says it can tow 21,200 Conventional, 34,700 Gooseneck, and or 32,500 5th wheel.
    So, though I have said this before, this actually may be the last TV I ever need
    When they say it is a sellers market at this time, they are not exaggerating, at least here in Coastal N.C.
    I left the Forum due to dictatorial administration

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just traded my 19 silverado DRW on a 22 silverado DRW. i got exactly what i paid in 2019 for the truck on trade - unreal...

it will be coming to a state near you soon. the dealer is exporting all of these Canadian trucks south.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have my fingers crossed that my F350 KR drw gets built in Aug and gets shipped to the dealer by Sept. We also got more then we paid for our 2018 F350 so moving up into the Dually world was something to jump at. Now just hope that the border opens this fall so we can head south and see what all the talk is about towing with a drw.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The very first time you're a long bridge with a cross wind, you will realize it was worth every single penny.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

Its kinda hard for me as I started with a dually and a 377mbsr so I have no idea how bad it would have been otherwise? But I did a whole day from south to north dakota into a 50 mph off center head wind so I'm kinda glad I never found out honestly the only issues I had was bits wanting to blow off the rv and a propane door that I had to switch the handles to horizontal to keep closed on the road during the trip.
    Last edited by maxdixdragon; 07-27-2021 at 09:55 AM.
    2019 Solitude 377MBSR
    2018 RAM 3500 LB dually CC 4x4 deisel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should be. You are forgiven. The Ford may take a while though.
    You coulda held out for a Ram...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken-d1 View Post
    You should be. You are forgiven. The Ford may take a while though.
    You coulda held out for a Ram...
    Rust Bucket Ram?

Here in MT, just look at 5 year old trucks. Rams are the first rust buckets. Good engines though!
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast