User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as people keep buying, there is nothing stopping them until the bottom falls out.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkRizRV View Post
    How can they justify multiple price increases in very short period of time.
    Simple. Supply and demand. As long as demand outstrips supply, they can raise prices. What will be interesting is if they actually drop prices when supply catches up and demand drops once everybody has purchased their RV and moved on to something else.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptPicardo View Post
    I think you are right Mark, I didn't say but was thinking the same.
    I remember the runaway inflation years. People bought as fast as possible before the price went up again.... Taking on debt to do so. And paying it back with inflated dollars. Inflation actually juices the economy, as people want to buy ASAP before the price rises again
    I do not remember companies folding because of it.

In fact deflation slams the brakes on the economy as people wait to buy as they know the price will drop.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Market Economics

Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    As long as people keep buying, there is nothing stopping them until the bottom falls out.
    As a business, if your product sells out every month, you have two choices, make more product, or increase the price. Grand Design can't make more product.

At some point people will stop buying your product and then you know your price is too high. Until people stop buying, and there's no evidence that has happened, we'll see more increases.

The market (buyers) will tell Grand Design when to stop price increases and the buyers haven't spoken yet.

Nonetheless, that doesn't stop me from whining!

Happy camping.

Dave
    2022 Imagine 2670MK - ProPride - TV Ram 1500
    2018 Isata-3 24FW - Toad 2019 Wrangler 2.0 Turbo
    2015 Tiffin Allegro 36LA - Toad 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
    2011 Spree 323RLS, 2007 Zeppelin 281- TV Armada

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkRizRV View Post
    Sounds like they are going to put themselves out of business of their own doing. How can they justify multiple price increases in very short period of time. And now with dealers not discounting off msrp, a 303 for example could be 20-30k more than just a year ago
    Unbelievable!
    Mark
    Actually, every manufacturer has had multiple, if not monthly increase.

So, either the RV industry as a whole stumbles due to the prices, or life goes on....
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only real questions are 1) timing, when does it pop, and 2) will Thor own every single manufacturer when the consolidation happens? LOL

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my 70 years, I don't ever recall any prices going down to what a was a norm a few years back for any item. What I do remember is brands disappearing and consolidation in the marketplace with smaller size products (read cheaper also) for the 'same' price. I keep seeing visions of a Chevy Vega/Ford Pinto type of RV offering. No more Koffee Kup donuts - bought out by the Wonder Bread conglomerate with no plans to re-open the VT facility.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    25% in a year isn't inflation, though, it's a bubble. Partly supply costs being out-of-whack right now, partly a bubble in demand. Like all previous bubbles, it will collapse. It will be particularly painful in the RV industry because it already has a well known "oh my god I really didn't want an RV after all" effect even in the best of times. Demand is going to crater, businesses are going to go under, get bought, etc. GD could try to keep prices inflated, but that just opens it up for enterprising manufacturers to cut under them.

We'll be talking about the pandemic's affect on the economy for decades. The wildest part of the ride hasn't happened yet. Grab your ankles!
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually I will qualify my prior comment - two items where I have seen corrections down - mortgage rates and housing prices (caveat on the housing prices - 24 inch 2x4 exterior walls with sheet Styrofoam sheathing under the clapboards - frames blew down in a windstorm before we could walk inside). The mortgage on our first home in 1981 was 22.5% negative amortization - best we could get and there were very few houses on the market (no surprise). 2.75% 30 year fixed now - I never would have believed they could go that low. Heck, my parents felt lucky they were able to get 5.5% in 1961. But I swear the size of my Klondike bars keep getting smaller.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    25% in a year isn't inflation,

We'll be talking about the pandemic's affect on the economy for decades. The wildest part of the ride hasn't happened yet. Grab your ankles!
    Could be - 1946 inflation rate was over 18%. 12-13% in '74, '79, '80. As you point out, the pandemic affect is new ground financially speaking.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast