User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devanl View Post
    I have one of these for my car that I was hoping to put on the rear bumper of our 2800bh.

https://loloracks.com

Regardless of the weight I was thinking of having a custom fab bumper with the receiver in the middle. (I keep my black hose in a tote in pass through). With the 5 bikes it can get pretty heavy so I’m curious what people think on this. Can I just replace the existing bumper with one mounted in the same way (it appears to be bolted to frame)?

Thanks,
    Devan
    I have a 2500RD. I put a Hollywood rack on the front of my F150. Carry two 70# Ebike.
    BigSam
    2021 Imagine 2500 RL
    2020 F150 SuperCab FX4 6.5 Bed 5.0L Engine
    Carry Cap 2066# Tow Cap 9100# Truck 7050# GWVR

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronk1 View Post
    Is the rack approved for RV's? Like you said it's gonna be heavy, unless the bikes are carbon fiber or titanium. Five bikes will bounce quite a bit...I wouldn't do it personally.

I wanted to use one of my existing racks, but they didn't work for my situation. I have a Yakima roof rack for two of the lighter bikes, a 2 inch hitch receiver with rack on the front of my truck for two heavier bikes, & my pride & joy rides on the bed in the trailer.
    We’re waiting for our rack on back order. I’m curious as to where you place your pride & joy and how do you secure them in place?
    2020 3500HD SRW CC SB SIERRA SLT 6.6L DURAMAX 10 speed Allison Transmission
    PullRite #2900 SuperGlide hitch
    2021 Solitude 310GK

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even with just the 2 bikes my wife and I own on our Thule Hitching Post Pro bike rack was enough to make our 5er a little light in the rear end. Can only imagine that adding more bikes could definitely make it worse.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Swagman make a rack specifically for the rear of RV’s. We have one and have hauled 2 bikes across the country and back plus a whole lot more. It rides on a clamp on hitch receiver that is attached to the factory thin wall bumper.
    Im not discounting the cautions here about attaching to the factory bumper, Ive done enough welding and fabrication work to appreciate those comments. Im saying it worked for me, but I never made a stop without checking the bumper and its welds for cracks, at least for the first 10,000 miles or so. I dont worry about it much now but still check it from time to time.
    A beefier bumper with a hitch built in would a better idea, but if not keep a close eye on it.
    Last edited by Tim2542; 10-28-2021 at 08:30 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roatanman View Post
    We’re waiting for our rack on back order. I’m curious as to where you place your pride & joy and how do you secure them in place?
    The road bike lays on the bed. I lay out an old king size comforter, lay the bike on it, fold the excess comforter over it, then lay the bedroom rug on it. Hasn't moved for thousands of miles. I was apprehensive at first & put bungies (loosely) around the wheels to the wood bed frame, lots of pillows at the headboard, & the dresser would stop any movement that way with the slide in, but the bike never moved, so ditched the bungies. We have a king bed.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Gronk1, I like that idea but, then I will need to find a new place for the guitars.

Looking at rails for the roof on the Expedition now, thanks everyone.
    2019 Imagine 2800BH
    2018 Ford Expedition XLT w/ Heavy Duty Tow

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha, you can always have some of the family members ride along side, behind or ahead. That will save some $$$ for the purchase of a bike rack, increase payload and keep you them in shape!!! my sarcasm just because, sorry just had to.
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSam View Post
    I have a 2500RD. I put a Hollywood rack on the front of my F150. Carry two 70# Ebike.
    I put a Curt trailer hitch made for the front of Trucks. Mine is rated for 500lbs. The Hollywood hitch probably weight 50-60 lbs. Each bike weights 60 putting me at less than 200lbs added to the front. I’m in the Smokey’s and no problem. The bikes do block some of the headlight beam, it is drivable, but then I don’t like to haul the trailer at night anyway.
    BigSam
    2021 Imagine 2500 RL
    2020 F150 SuperCab FX4 6.5 Bed 5.0L Engine
    Carry Cap 2066# Tow Cap 9100# Truck 7050# GWVR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12