User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    I am proud to say.....I've NEVER priced a Dodge....or a Ram when looking for a truck....

that a boy!!! good looking truck!
    Jason & Jamie
    2016 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4, 5.0L, 3.55
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ Olin View Post
    How many Cummings guys have I heard say later "Gee I could have had a V8"
    None. At least not this one....LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20211008_155231.jpg  
    Last edited by huntr70; 04-27-2022 at 12:43 PM.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out here in the desert Soutwest, Cummins is the clear king at the sites we've been at. I've been pricing RAMs since I'll likely go that route next time around, and yeah, the stickers are a bit nutty. Why the RAM? To get an F250 or 350, or a GMC for that matter, to fit in my garage, I'd have to give up the crew cab. RAM with its shorter box and front clip fits with ease. RAM Crew Cab is the same length as a Ford Supercab. Ford and GM are a bit too "I'm gonna be a big rig when I grow up" for my tastes lately.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, Politics, Religion, and Ford trucks...... lol
    2019 230RL Reflection ..... 1996 Dodge 2500 Cummins still pulling just as hard as the day I brought her home November 1995...3.6 Onan. 2 battleborns 300 watts solar, 1500 watt aims inverter....(Convictions are a far greater foe of truth than lies) {Nietztche}

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=
    [/QUOTE]

Better get your hearing checked. And your spelling LOL
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    4x4 your probably correct, however I had to get a new TV after my Ford 04 6.0 left me stranded one time to many. First the EGR cooler melted and messed op a head gasket and then nest trip the HPOP went bad (internal leak), Last trip the trans started making noise and it had been fully serviced just months before. So fall of last year I went and thoroughly reviewed all three looking at trucks in the same trim approximately to my KR. It was very tough finding anything on the lots. I did a lot of driving and kicking tires.

Ultimately to get the towing set up I wanted I had to special order. I did not look at the Rams that hard. I was just surprised at the pricing they have is all.

As for chipping/reprogramming I am well aware of the possibility (upside) and the potential damage that can be done no matter what the brand. I have chosen to leave everything stock. However I did put a dual exhaust system and improved down pipe on my 04 to reduce the floor heat on the passenger side. CAT was left in the system to pass emissions.
    @huntr70 Being an engineer I understand the torque and HP relationship. I guess what I am saying is without the HP to keep you moving the torque becomes secondary and in the real world you probably wont use all the torque anyway, especially as all 3 limit the available torque off the line to save the drive lines.

All good thoughts though
    Thanks
    I honestly believe that any one of the Big 3 trucks are awesome. It really comes down to personal preference. Am I a Ford guy, Absolutely!! Do I think the others are bad, No. All of them have their quirks. And I don't think anyone of us would notice the difference between 1050 ft./lbs. vs 1100 ft./lbs.
    2020 337RLS
    2018 F350 4WD CCLB Dually Diesel
    2010 FLHTCU and 2021 Explorer
    USAF 19th SPS Veteran

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ Olin View Post
    Congratulations Powerscol on your new Super Duty Power stroke scorpion.
    Once you receive it & start driving around the 4 corners you will know that you made the right choice right off. You might know that I bought a 2021 Super Duty last summer. XLT with a 6.7. Gotta say that I love the truck. And even though I was looking for a 7.3 gas I am very impressed with the 6.7. There ain't a truck that you will take the back seat to on the hills around here. I know many have tried me. LOL And none got by me. When you get your truck & get it broke in you'll have to take it out against your neighbors Cummins & give him a thrashing up Hesperus Hill. Oh & the 10 speed is a dream come true transmission. Love the way it shifts & behaves.
    And I love to drive with the engine brake on so that I can hear the scorpion V8 engine rumble. Way Cool.
    Fords Forever,
    Russ
    Thanks Russ

Someday it will show up - possibly next week. Due to everything being run by computer I am thinking of calling it HAL

To the good Ram and Dodge folks. Why does the 6.7 C sound funny/ strange to me. Its rough like the cylinder timing is off. In construction I worked around a lot of inline 6 powered units and non had that offset sound. Heck my old Scout II 6 cylinder with headers sounded smoother.That's a whole lot of displacement to get out of 6 cylinders and the HO unit has a very different turbo sound too. Did they up the boost and fuel to get the numbers?

@4x4dually your right about the parts falling off the new units. I wont need to worry about rust either with my Ford.
    Last edited by powerscol; 04-27-2022 at 03:31 PM.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Well my 2022 F350 SRW LB King Ranch is sitting at the rail yard waiting for a rail car headed west.

Meanwhile back on the farm I got talking with a neighbor (BIG RAM FAN) that Ram just bested the Powers stroke in power, so I had to look it up. Ram now has 1075 Ft lbs torque and 420HP with thier HO option while the 6.7 Power Stroke is 1050 Ft Lbs in torque and 475HP. I had a tough time explaining to him the 25 ft lbs in torque would not overcome the 55 HP Ford has. And in addition the Ram 6 speed was no comparison to the Ford 10 speed. He then tried to tell me they were much cheaper than Ford and I could have gotten the Longhorn cheaper. So I decided to build one on the Ram site. As a base line my KR is costing me right around $83,685 with shipping

Total for the Limited Longhorn without shipping was $91,900 and it is still lacking some Ford KR features like the instant cab heat and 10 way power seats. I did not see an LED headlight option either, unless that standard. Also the rear gear ratios are very limited with no Locking or LS opting.

Needless to say he was a bit bummed when I saw him later. It's unfortunate that the Ram build site is hard to use as the feature information is not with the options. You need to look up separately

So that was an interesting foray into the works of Ram trucks. I will admit though the Longhorns interior looks nice, but for my body dimensions the seats are uncomfortable and just don't fit me, unless they changed from the 2021 I sat in.

To be fair to the GM folks I sat in a Denali too - a bit better but the lumbar support was too high in my back. Unfortunately the dash layout just did not seem right either. Again that was a 2021.

Well back to waiting for my truck to ship
    Just my 02.
    Glad you got your truck coming to you. I'm still waiting on the KR LB SRW I ordered at the end of October. Supposedly Ford will start building in 5/9 - we'll see. When did you order yours?

Like you, I priced the Ram (and a Denali). ALL ARE EXPENSIVE.

I won't get into the horsepower or 'my truck is stronger than yours' debate. It's a waste of time - any of them are way over powered and have sacrificed any reasonable fuel economy. And they will all tow an aircraft carrier up a hill. Well, at least they'll all tow whatever GD we're pulling without a problem.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have priced out a Ram lately. Just got it 2 weeks ago. I also priced out a comparable F-350. If you take the time to go through and match features, they were within $1,000 of each other. Payloads on comparable models are a push. I'm sure these guys look at each other's products, features, and prices.

I'll take an in-line 6 over a comparably sized V-8 any day. 7 main bearings in the 6 vs 5 main bearings in the V-8. 60° rod spacing in the 6 vs 90° rod spacing in the V-8. Anything over 5 or 6 speeds in an auto tranny is a marketing gimmick. Sure, you get a touch more MPG traded against much more frequent shifting. Let's see, do I have any more "Opinions are like … (insert body part here). Nope, sorry.

Also, as far as I could tell, you can't get a dually Ford with a short bed. Another 16" in length to deal with if you want a full size cab. This is probably the only real, valid differentiator here.

I think they are all gorgeous and everybody loves their choice (a little subconscious "I made the right choice" post-justification going on there, I think).

I am proud to say I have NEVER owned a Ford product.
    2021 Solitude 380FL-R
    Ram 3500 MegaCab SB DRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PS. if Toyota made a 1 Ton dually, this would have been a much easier decision. 14 years with a T100 and 10 years with a Tundra and $0, yes $0, of maintenance cost other than oil, filters, drive train grease, and tires. 24 years of truck ownership without a single visit to a dealer. I fear those years are over.
    2021 Solitude 380FL-R
    Ram 3500 MegaCab SB DRW

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast