User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simple to separate top cap lights from underbelly rope---

Some people complain in the campgrounds that the cap lights kill the ambiance of the camp ground and make things too bright. I do, however, want my underbelly rope light on so I can not stumble at 3am when i give the dog the same break that I just took )))))

so what I did was to buy a "auto zone" (2 local camping placed were out of stock) a toggle switch that has a pilot light and is water resistant.

1. remove the "BLUE -WHITE" wire to the existing switch (this is Battery plus power wire -{B+} and connect to any assembly you make consisting of 2 blade fuse holders --see photos

2. connect to remaining fuse wires one to each switch

3. remove the red-white wire (cap -hitch lights ) from the junction and connect to the new switch

4. if you switch has a pilot light connect the wire terminal to the white wires junction -- {B-} DISREGARD IF NO PILOT LIGHT ON SWITCH

5. connect the empty terminal on the existing switch (where you removed the blue-white ) to the junction block where the red was removed

see before and after photo also actual wiring phot may help to explain
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails before-after.jpg   wiring with words   .jpg   switch1  .jpg   switch2   .jpg  
    Last edited by ForBruce; 05-11-2022 at 10:35 AM. Reason: add photos
    2022 Solitude 378mbs-r with 3rd air and solar package, Flux Capacitor pending, Removed Nautilus and replaced with the Bruce Select-A-Matic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to do the same on my 351MR but I have no switch. Mine are controlled by the one control only. If I new which wires feed the cap lights and where to find them I could and a switch.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ForBruce
    Nice job. I did the same but separated the cap lights, underbelly lights, and the front compartment bay light. Then I installed a separate light with a switch just above the front compartment door.

And then I put my rig on jack stands to so some work and messed up the underbelly lights which I had changed over to blue lights! argh!!

Thanks for sharing.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods