User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ckreef View Post
    We love bike riding when camping. Problem is we keep trail riding on our city bikes and mine really isn't for trail riding.

So we decided to jump on the ebike craze with fat tire hybrid bikes. Not exactly mountain bikes but good for trail riding. And with electric motors they definitely go zoom, zoom, zoom with minimal effort. Puts a whole new level of fun factor into bicycle riding.

Attachment 35594
    Good morning! My wife and I are researching E bikes for trail riding. How have the Cyrusher bikes been? Really like the looks and the price point is where we'd want to be.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am also researching to purchase an ebike for trails and around the parks roads. Aventon has pretty good reviews. There are many to choose from. I would appreciate any reviews/recommendations.
    John....
    John and Lori
    2018 XLT 2.7l
    2021 Imagine 22mle

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caser41 View Post
    We have had two ebikes that we take camping with us. One 2.10 tires and the other 2.80 tires. We ride pavement/trails or even gravel roads. When we had our motorhome we used to tow a vehicle until we got our ebikes (2018). Now that we have a trailer we still camp taking the ebikes along. Have said that we don't travel much anymore as we have a permanent campsite..
    Caser, what ebikes do you have? I am interested in pavement/trails riding. Many of the trail bikes have the fat tires so not sure if they are good for the pavement. John...
    John and Lori
    2018 XLT 2.7l
    2021 Imagine 22mle

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Morning John & Lori. I have a Voltbike elegant (I like a step through). My wife has a Townie Electra go, with flat foot technology. We looked at the fat tired bikes, but they are very heavy and very noisey on pavement, (I am 80 yrs old). I have near 4000kms on my bike and my wife has around 2000kms on hers.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC210 View Post
    I am also researching to purchase an ebike for trails and around the parks roads. Aventon has pretty good reviews. There are many to choose from. I would appreciate any reviews/recommendations.
    John....
    My wife and I both have Aventon ebikes. I have the Aventure and she has the Pace 500.....we are very pleased with them and I believe we made a very good choice.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    My wife and I both have Aventon ebikes. I have the Aventure and she has the Pace 500.....we are very pleased with them and I believe we made a very good choice.
    Xrated, Good for trails and roads?
    John and Lori
    2018 XLT 2.7l
    2021 Imagine 22mle

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC210 View Post
    Xrated, Good for trails and roads?
    We ride mostly on greenways (paved blacktop or concrete), but also some areas that are gravel fines, etc. I'm not now or never was a "mountain biker", but I would have no issues with riding the Aventure on gravel/dirt trails....just not mountain biking type trails. We bought them in January, and obviously didn't ride them much the first couple of months because of the cold weather, but we now have close to 150 miles on them, and I tow a small dog cart behind mine and absolutely zero issues. The Aventure is heavy though.....73/74 lbs with the battery (15 AH).
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    We ride mostly on greenways (paved blacktop or concrete), but also some areas that are gravel fines, etc. I'm not now or never was a "mountain biker", but I would have no issues with riding the Aventure on gravel/dirt trails....just not mountain biking type trails. We bought them in January, and obviously didn't ride them much the first couple of months because of the cold weather, but we now have close to 150 miles on them, and I tow a small dog cart behind mine and absolutely zero issues. The Aventure is heavy though.....73/74 lbs with the battery (15 AH).
    Good report, Xrated, I am looking into the Aventons as well. I don’t have a toy hauler so I will need a carrier that can handle the weight and abuse it will see mounted on the back of our rig.

Mark
    Mark & Megan & Levi (our floppy eared four legged furry friend)
    2019 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax
    B & W Companion

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MN-Mark View Post
    Good report, Xrated, I am looking into the Aventons as well. I don’t have a toy hauler so I will need a carrier that can handle the weight and abuse it will see mounted on the back of our rig.

Mark
    Yes, make sure the carrier is RV rated and the hitch on the back of the rig is rated to at least a class III hitch weight....500 lbs. Our carrier is a HyperAx Volt RV rated. It's capable of carrying two 70 lb bikes. You should always remove the battery before transporting any ebike, and that helps with less weight on the carrier, as well as eliminating the risk of a battery jarring out and getting lost if you are on a really bumpy road.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xrated. Any noise issue with the Aventure on pavement? Not a major issue but I plan to ride a mix of road and trails. Thanks for all of your feedback. John...
    John and Lori
    2018 XLT 2.7l
    2021 Imagine 22mle

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast