User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    I did some review of similar rigs with the kitchen slide (refer, micro, stove/oven and pantry all on the slide so I figure at least 400.-500 pounds difference.

Bill
    In my paperwork, there was a sheet with side to side axle weights (dry). Black bag under the bed. I refer to it from time to time as my memory is not what it used to be.

Paul
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cat scales are not set up to do that, just axle weights.

Bill
    Good grief and I know that too......another brain gas moment !!!

As Paul @Gronk1 mentioned, we too had a document with dry (UVW) weights as done by GDRV before leaving the factory. Trust GDRV still does this for all units. As you can see in ours attached, we were 560 lbs. heavier on the street right out of the box. With the cabinets, pantry, fridge and more getting loaded on this side one can see why these floor plans can approach 1000 lbs. heavier street side.

If you do weight your 315 side to side loaded, please share that if you would be so kind, Bill.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170216_080452.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	41297

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Did you replace it with the same rate spring? Seems like the springs are less than satisfactory if they collapsed like that. Why not go to a heavier rated spring, i.e. 4,000 lb. rated spring?
    I replaced the spring with one with the same rate since that was the spare I had. I've developed the habit of carrying a spare spring, shackles, bolts, Ubolts, tools, jackstands, bottle jack, etc. since I've been stranded more than once due to broken springs.

One thing I have to say - the Level Up system I have on my 349M made changing the spring about 100x easier! I had some 10 ton jack stands under the frame just in case, but I barely touched them a couple times while I was lifting and lowering the rig. (I did leave it connected to the truck during all of this).

My guess is that these crappy springs that break, sag, and shift are just made of inferior quality spring steel and other components. Based on that (as you probably know) I've threatened to saw everything off below the frame and replace it all with a control arm based system with air bags - maybe independent, maybe not.

Name:	3012.gif 
Views:	144 
Size:	13.0 KB 
ID:	41299

But I just started communication with an off-road custom leaf spring manufacturer in Grand Junction that I think I'll try out. The place is Alcan Spring .. and I (very quickly) got a response & quote for some custom leafs. I'll probably be ordering some up when I get back from Wyoming next week.
    signature

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What spring rate do you think you'll be going with?
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    Good grief and I know that too......another brain gas moment !!!

As Paul @Gronk1 mentioned, we too had a document with dry (UVW) weights as done by GDRV before leaving the factory. Trust GDRV still does this for all units. As you can see in ours attached, we were 560 lbs. heavier on the street right out of the box. With the cabinets, pantry, fridge and more getting loaded on this side one can see why these floor plans can approach 1000 lbs. heavier street side.

If you do weight your 315 side to side loaded, please share that if you would be so kind, Bill.

Name:	20170216_080452.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	41297

Dan
    Absolutely. Should be at my other place this coming weekend, will look at that sheet and share with all of you.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    What spring rate do you think you'll be going with?
    I asked him about 4000 lbs - mine are 3500 lbs right now.

I may be just shifting the weak point to the axles since they're Dexter 7K w/3" tubes and I guess the 8K is 3.5". I think that'll be ok since I only plan on running >14k (full water) occasionally for short distances (aka going to a boondock location).

Name:	20220619_front_axle.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	41319
    signature

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 351 has the 7,000 lbs. axles too, and I think I'll go with the 4,000 lbs. springs too, if it becomes necessary due to flattening. With no fresh water on board, ours sits at 14,400 lbs. on the axles.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced all four springs in my 2020 Reflection 303RLs with these from E-Trailer, 5-Leaf Double-Eye Spring for 6,000-lb Trailer Axles - 25-1/4" Long, item number SP-111275. The driver side springs were completely flat, passenger not much better. Was a easy job, left the trailer hooked up to the truck, jacked up one side just enough to get the tire off the ground, removed the tires, had the axles supported, then remove both leaf springs, replaced with new. do NOT for get to order Bronze bushings as the new ones come with plastic. The fifth wheel rides and tows so much nicer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbbrewer View Post
    I asked him about 4000 lbs - mine are 3500 lbs right now.

I may be just shifting the weak point to the axles since they're Dexter 7K w/3" tubes and I guess the 8K is 3.5". I think that'll be ok since I only plan on running >14k (full water) occasionally for short distances (aka going to a boondock location).

Name:	20220619_front_axle.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	41319
    Just a thought, maybe consider using water bladders to bring water into the backcountry vs using the freshwater tank is another solution. Less stress on trailer frame that’s already overloaded and our freshwater tanks don’t have baffles so any sloshing water just keeps pushing against floor aluminum supports and frame.

https://www.amazon.com/AQUATANK2-Wat...s%2C428&sr=1-8
    Vivian
    2018 Reflection 303rls
    2018 Ford F-350 SRW Diesel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Springs and Shocks

Hi folks, I think I joined the flat springs club.

Drivers side (kitchen slide).

Question, would it be a good solution to get the 3k 5 spring set up for 6k axle on the drivers side? Keep the curb side @2600k lbs?

Looking for a bit of advice.

I have the reflection 315rlts

Picture to follow.

Thanks,
    BillAttachment 41268
    Springs and shocks

https://www.roadmasterinc.com/produc...mfort_ride.php

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123