User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lukskywalker View Post
    Thx u, so since I really won't need it. Just flip the circuit break and leave it off right?
    I physically disconnected the AC wires. That way, there wouldn't be a risk of powering it on if someone turned all breakers on.
    James and Dawn
    2019 F150 SCREW 3.5EB 6.5' - Haloview MC7109; Cooper AT3 LTX; Sumo Springs; ProPride WDH

2021 Imagine 2400BH - GY Endurance 225/75-15; MORryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts, X-factor crossmembers

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thx u, so since I really won't need it. Just flip the circuit break and leave it off right?
    I removed mine. But you don't have to.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Victron Energy - MultiPlus-II 12/3000/120-50 2x120V

Quote Originally Posted by A.Texas.Yankee View Post
    I removed mine. But you don't have to.
    Agree. Mine simply plugs into an outlet at the back of the distribution box. Just unplug it or turn off the breaker. I do plan on removing mine when I do my install.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,
    So I am new to this forum group and need some help if possible. I have a Solitude 380Fl and installed a Victron Energy Multi-plus II in my 50amp fifth wheel. I have everything installed and have the wire dry ruined(Laid) but nothing is connected yet. Now the question is this. According to a YouTube follower I watch (changing lanes) he said this is how he hooked up or laid his wire from his investor.

The Shore power wire runs to the ATS box. According to changing lanes he said they just took the wire that comes from the ATS to the circuit panel and disconnected it (took it out all together). Ran a new wire from the out of the ATS to the In of the Victron and a new wire from the Victron out to the circuit panel and of course the unplugged the ATS so it serves no purpose other then a old junction box. Does this sound right?

Or my thought is should I just make my own junction box (rather then using the unplugged ATS)

Does this make any sense? Some help with this simple question would be a great help.

Thanks
    If the original cable running from the ATS to the breaker panel is long enough, I would disconnect it from the ATS and connect it to the AC OUTPUT of the Victron.

You can then run a new cable from the output of the ATS to the AC INPUT of the Victron.

This will eliminate having to make any new connections at the breaker panel.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed my inverter just like Chad did on changing lanes. If your shore power cable goes into that ATS, then you camper either has a generator or its got the generator prep. If you wire it like you said in your original post it should be fine. Thats exactly how I wired mine in. There shouldn't be a problem if you keep your ATS in place and in case you get a generator. As for that factory battery charger (converter) just unplug it from the back of the breaker panel. Let us know how your installation turned out. Good luck!
    2019 Solitude 310-GK
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW
    Reese Goosebox 20-k

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7857.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	43910

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	View recent photos.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	235.7 KB 
ID:	43912

Attachment 43913

Hello all, just wanted to say thank you to all who helped me with the questions I had. This is a great forum group and a lot of friendly knowledgable people here. Also a great forum to where you can see mods, help and see just what's going on. So here is my finished product which I just truly love and has come into use so so many times, power outs at campgrounds, traveling. Again thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_8019.jpg  
    Last edited by lukskywalker; 11-19-2022 at 11:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your Victron system looks great. I'm in the process of heading down the same road. Glad to hear your happy with the outcome.
    Cambridge, Ontario, Canada Eh!
    2018 303RLS
    2008 Silverado 2500 HD Duramax

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12