User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slappy View Post
    WOW that sounds awesome!

I guess there is no exhaust for the stove in the bottom of the microwave like a house would have?

Man I might have to replace that window with something that has an integral fan. That stove is too nice not to use and the oven looks like it might actually fit real food. Thanksgiving turkey in the 398 anyone????
    The microwave has a vent which vents outside the RV.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    The microwave has a vent which vents outside the RV.
    Oh I see. huntindog was explaining to me the grease trapped on the blinds as the smoke is sucked past them...

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I see. huntindog was explaining to me the grease trapped on the blinds as the smoke is sucked past them...
    I think he was referring to grease splatter since the blinds and window would be the back splash. Even with a vent, you will eventually get some splatter. I think I'll try to remember to keep the blinds up while cooking , otherwise, his plan seems to be a good one.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, congrats @Slappy!
    Glad to hear you got one bought!
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what did u decide on for a hitch @Slappy ? (From ur other post regarding the goosebox). Will the dealer change it for you, or are you going with a fiver hitch for now?
    Last edited by LMagelitz; 12-29-2022 at 10:29 PM.
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW that sounds awesome!

I guess there is no exhaust for the stove in the bottom of the microwave like a house would have?

Man I might have to replace that window with something that has an integral fan. That stove is too nice not to use and the oven looks like it might actually fit real food. Thanksgiving turkey in the 398 anyone????
    It does have a power vent in the bottom of the micrwave. DW just wanted that window eliminated. It is too small and low to lookout, and with it not opening, would not help with cross breeze ventilation. And would be very hard to keep clean. (think frying bacon)After this mod, from the outside it looks like a window. from the inside with the smart tiles covering it, it looks really high class. Super easy to clean.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMagelitz View Post
    So what did u decide on for a hitch @Slappy ? (From ur other post regarding the goosebox). Will the dealer change it for you, or are you going with a fiver hitch for now?
    I already have a B&W Companion sitting in the shop, so I am going to retrieve the 398 using that with my SRW F-350

And since I have an F450 on order, and the only thing I'll be doing with that truck is hauling this heavy RV, I'll probably just put the Companion in the F450 and run it like that until I have a handful of CAT weigh in's that will tell me what my pin weight is normally running and go from there.

The Reese Goosebox I have on my other 5th wheel that I'll be selling has been a real pleasure to use. NOTHING made a more noticeable difference in ride quality than adding that thing. Im a big fan. But if my pin weights exceed the stated capacity of the Reese then thats that.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I already have a B&W Companion sitting in the shop, so I am going to retrieve the 398 using that with my SRW F-350

And since I have an F450 on order, and the only thing I'll be doing with that truck is hauling this heavy RV, I'll probably just put the Companion in the F450 and run it like that until I have a handful of CAT weigh in's that will tell me what my pin weight is normally running and go from there.

The Reese Goosebox I have on my other 5th wheel that I'll be selling has been a real pleasure to use. NOTHING made a more noticeable difference in ride quality than adding that thing. Im a big fan. But if my pin weights exceed the stated capacity of the Reese then thats that.
    I’ve only ever had a Hensley air ride, never a goosebox, but if those all have air bags, I can imagine you recognized a big difference. I don’t feel the trailer hit bumps in the truck. Relieving the shock between the truck and trailer helps a lot.

Good luck on getting the 450…those are hard to come by (I finally punted on my order).
    Last edited by LMagelitz; 12-30-2022 at 11:53 AM.
    Larry and JoAnna

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats Slappy!

We have the 2022 397 Momentum. Love it. That stove is nice and works do much better than old traditional camper ovens. The oven can bake cookies like nobody’s business. Enjoys your trips.
    Jeff & Barb
    2023 Momentum 399
    2021 Ford King Ranch 350 6.7 Diesel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats Slappy, and good luck on the F450. My son/nlaw has been waiting for his 350 duelly since last april. It was scheduled to be in Aug. then put off again and again,& now supposed to be here by the end of this month. He is getting some concessions from Ford but if it was me I'd be passing on it and get a 2023. No way I would drive off the lot with a 2022 in 2023 and pay new price for it since it is already a year old, but it is his $ so I just bite my tongue and let it be.
    2021 RLS295 & 2021 Ram 2500 4x4,w/6.4 gas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12