User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Did you actually call them and see if they have a discount coupon, etc.? Like many brands the advertised price is the same, but the dealer can sell for less. I am curious as to your Quattro choice as most folks go with the Multiplus.
    I have not. I’m not quite that far yet. Quattro only because I didn’t see a 5kva 120v MultiPlus. I’m wanting a dual setup so if one goes out while we are on a long trip to Alaska, I have a “spare” so to speak. I could use two 5kva 230v MultiPlus units feeding an auto transformer to create split phase, but I not sure I’m a fan of relying on paralleling to work. I think I’d rather have two Quattros, one feeding each side of the main panel. A side benefit of the Quattro is being able to eliminate a transfer switch, not that it matters that much. If I’m missing something, I’m wide open to suggestions.

Goal is 10kva total, redundancy, enough batt storage to run one A/C unit and the fridge overnight without a genny, and 48v DC to lower the current values involved.
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMagelitz View Post
    I have not. I’m not quite that far yet. Quattro only because I didn’t see a 5kva 120v MultiPlus. I’m wanting a dual setup so if one goes out while we are on a long trip to Alaska, I have a “spare” so to speak. I could use two 5kva 230v MultiPlus units feeding an auto transformer to create split phase, but I not sure I’m a fan of relying on paralleling to work. I think I’d rather have two Quattros, one feeding each side of the main panel. A side benefit of the Quattro is being able to eliminate a transfer switch, not that it matters that much. If I’m missing something, I’m wide open to suggestions.

Goal is 10kva total, redundancy, enough batt storage to run one A/C unit and the fridge overnight without a genny, and 48v DC to lower the current values involved.
    Why do you need 10 kva? If you ran twin victron multiplus', you could easily run either A/C unit from a single 3,000 Watt multiplus.

Another option is to get a multiplus II with two 120v outputs, one inverter runs the whole house. I get that you would loose redundancy with the multiplus II, but Victrons have been operating on boats for years, I am not sure you really need a backup Inverter. But, if you do, look into the twin 3,000 Watt multiplus', just to save some money.

Note: I believe the multiplus comes in a 48v version.

Note 2: I have a 310GK and can run an A/C unit off my 3000 Watt multiplus with ease.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    Why do you need 10 kva? If you ran twin victron multiplus', you could easily run either A/C unit from a single 3,000 Watt multiplus.

Another option is to get a multiplus II with two 120v outputs, one inverter runs the whole house. I get that you would loose redundancy with the multiplus II, but Victrons have been operating on boats for years, I am not sure you really need a backup Inverter. But, if you do, look into the twin 3,000 Watt multiplus', just to save some money.

Note: I believe the multiplus comes in a 48v version.

Note 2: I have a 310GK and can run an A/C unit off my 3000 Watt multiplus with ease.
    I’m dreaming big @SolarPoweredRV.
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMagelitz View Post
    I’m dreaming big @SolarPoweredRV.
    You could parallel 3 of the MultiPlus-II 2 x 120v models. Those don't have a 48v model but do have a 24v model. That would give you 9000VA with FAR less complications and is more user-friendly. Running Quattro in splitphase is the old school way. It works, but it's a pain and more costly. 3 MPII will run about 4500 bucks for the inverters total.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12