User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MOVED BLACK TANK VACUUM BREAKER----also replaced bathroom faucet

This a 2 part story.
    Hated the bathroom faucet. I sure everyone knows why . (it Spits across room when it hits air bubbles )
    and while i was at it i also replace the hose going to it with pex.

The faucet is only $29.95 at amazon and fits perfectly, for those of you considering. The photo of the faucet is attached .

Also The Black Tank Vacuum Breaker leaked on me once when i had a "Montana" (dirty word) so i know eventually i would have to service it. (you have to disguard it --it is NOT repairable--plastic junk)

On the solitude 378mbs it is located behind the shower and axcessible in the lower bathroom closet by removing a panel. There is no way i can get both arms in that closet to do any work. and the hole behind the shower faucet is way too small .

On the Montana it was located under the bathroom sink and i had no trouble working in that area.

I , like others, cut the hose in the basement ceiling and reworked it into the bathroom sink cabinet.

At the same time i did away with that plastic piece of junk and replaced it with a brass check valve and a 1/2" Watts vacuum Breaker . (i've used this type of breaker in my business for over 30 years and it is reliable . What even better is there are rebuild kits available at a fraction of the Vac cost.

photos attached
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails faucet.jpg   vac-finished .jpg   vac-installed.jpg   vac repair kit .jpg   check valve.jpg  

Last edited by ForBruce; 01-06-2023 at 07:01 PM.
    2022 Solitude 378mbs-r with 3rd air and solar package, Flux Capacitor pending, Removed Nautilus and replaced with the Bruce Select-A-Matic

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ForBruce View Post
    This a 2 part story.
    Hated the bathroom faucet. I sure everyone knows why . (it Spits across room when it hits air bubbles )
    and while i was at it i also replace the hose going to it with pex.

The faucet is only $29.95 at amazon and fits perfectly, for those of you considering. The photo of the faucet is attached .

Also The Black Tank Vacuum Breaker leaked on me once when i had a "Montana" (dirty word) so i know eventually i would have to service it. (you have to disguard it --it is NOT repairable--plastic junk)

On the solitude 378mbs it is located behind the shower and axcessible in the lower bathroom closet by removing a panel. There is no way i can get both arms in that closet to do any work. and the hole behind the shower faucet is way too small .

On the Montana it was located under the bathroom sink and i had no trouble working in that area.

I , like others, cut the hose in the basement ceiling and reworked it into the bathroom sink cabinet.

At the same time i did away with that plastic piece of junk and replaced it with a brass check valve and a 1/2" Watts vacuum Breaker . (i've used this type of breaker in my business for over 30 years and it is reliable . What even better is there are rebuild kits available at a fraction of the Vac cost.

photos attached
    Thanks for the info. Another couple of projects I will likely have to do. I don't much like the spitting faucet either and noticed for 2023 GD put a more normal faucet in these trailers. I also like where you put the check valve and will likely do that as well.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The black tank has a vent, so where is a vacuum created? What does the vacuum breaker accomplish?
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    The black tank has a vent, so where is a vacuum created? What does the vacuum breaker accomplish?
    If I understand it correctly, the vacuum breaker is to allow the clean water portion of the black flush line to drain back out the inlet, vice stay full of water and potentially get contaminated from mixing with tank water. Basically, it acts as a vent on the clean side of the flush line when needed.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't there one at the kitchen sink as well? Or is it only on the black system?
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's kind of a misnomer. The vacuum breaker for the black tank flush has a movable seal that rises when acted on by water pressure. This allows water to flow to the black tank flush. When the pressure is released, i.e., water shut off, the seal drops down and allows air to access the plumbing at this point, and the water will drain out of the black tank flush line. The water will flow out the black tank flush into the black tank, and from the vacuum breaker back to the outlet of the hose when it is disconnected. Without this valve, the water would not drain out of the black tank flush line. Clear as mud?
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    It's kind of a misnomer. The vacuum breaker for the black tank flush has a movable seal that rises when acted on by water pressure. This allows water to flow to the black tank flush. When the pressure is released, i.e., water shut off, the seal drops down and allows air to access the plumbing at this point, and the water will drain out of the black tank flush line. The water will flow out the black tank flush into the black tank, and from the vacuum breaker back to the outlet of the hose when it is disconnected. Without this valve, the water would not drain out of the black tank flush line. Clear as mud?
    @FT4NOW @Hoopy Frood
    Ah..so if there was no flush line...no vacuum breaker?
    Last edited by Scott'n'Wendy; 01-07-2023 at 08:55 AM.
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @FT4NOW @Hoopy Frood
    Yes, no need for it.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @FT4NOW @Hoopy Frood
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Yes, no need for it.
    Yep, what he said.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @FT4NOW @Hoopy Frood
    Is using the flush line more effective at cleaning the black tank than partially filling the tank through the toilet and dumping a couple of times? Convenience is a factor obviously.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast