User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you fellas with the TST system remove the cap sensors from the tires when setting still for more than say, a couple weeks?
    I do, only because it's supposed to shut the sensors off if there is no pressure on them, just to save some battery life. I do have spare sensor batteries and the battery kit came with new oring seals. Not sure I am saving that much batt life.

We do use the repeater mounted in the front storage compartment, I also turn it off when we are setting still for more than a couple weeks.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 03-27-2023 at 08:58 AM. Reason: additional
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remove ours when it sits over the winter, more than a couple months. I didn't this year because I was going to change the tires at some point. I usually get several years out of the batteries. I don't think a couple of weeks will drain them very much. I bought a bunch of them at one point for a really cheap price because I thought I would be using a lot of batteries, but I've still got a bunch.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Do you fellas with the TST system remove the cap sensors from the tires when setting still for more than say, a couple weeks?
    I do, only because it's supposed to shut the sensors off if there is no pressure on them, just to save some battery life. I do have spare sensor batteries and the battery kit came with new oring seals. Not sure I am saving that much batt life.

We do use the repeater mounted in the front storage compartment, I also turn it off when we are setting still for more than a couple weeks.
    We also have a repeater mounted in the front compartment of the camper. The sensors work fine without a repeater on my snowmobile trailer but it is a much shorter trailer.

I have never removed the sensors when the trailers are in storage. I only remove them when I need to make an air pressure adjustment. I have only changed the batteries once since spring of 2019. I do carry spare batteries in the truck so I’ll have them whenever either trailer should need them.

I did have one sensor stop working. New battery did not help. TST sent me a new one no charge.

Mark
    Mark & Megan & Levi (our floppy eared four legged furry friend)
    2019 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax
    B & W Companion

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post

We have the TST cap system and love it. No repeater needed for our 35 foot 2930 5th wheel. That said, we noticed last year that we needed to start putting the in-truck receiver on the center console (vs front dash under the windshield) for all the sensors to display. I had assumed that the sensor batteres were getting a little weaker. This year as we drove south we had to move the receiver closer to the 5th wheel tires and set it on the back seat of the truck. No biggie and my wife simply looked back periodically as we traveled. I replaced the 3 year old batteries last week and we're back to having the receiver working on the dash under the windshield again. Super easy to replace the batteries and they were not expensive. I probably could install the repeater and get another year out of the batteries. I never remove the caps except when adjusting tire pressure. I believe the sensors trigger off tire rotation and if there is no rotation for a certain amout of time they go into sleep mode. This year when we picked up the trailer after 4 months of storage, the sensors started reporting in within a mile or two down the road.
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL
    2021 RAM 3500 SRW CC Short Box HO Cummins Rear Air Suspension

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The old ones, I bought them in 2012, are on all the time there is pressure. I can pull up next to the trailer in storage and the sensors will start reporting. The newer models could be different.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    👍🏻👍🏻 for the TST507 TPMS. installed the repeater in the front cargo bay, and it works flawlessly. I like being able to monitor tire pressures and temps at a glance. Far Eau side to use than the TireLinc.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitexc View Post
    Do you folks retro fitting the TST system with the cap sensors need the available repeater/signal booster?
    @Whitexc - Yes, I do use the repeater. I had some problems trying to go without the repeater on my last trailer. My new trailer is 4 feet longer than my last one, so I installed the repeater right out of the gate. GD made it very easy for me to install the repeater. The dock for the TireLinc was already wired and located exactly where I wanted to put the TST repeater. When I started fishing out wires, I found two WAGO connectors on the TireLinc dock that each had an open port - perfect for the TST repeater. Seems like it was meant to be. With the repeater installed, I haven't had any signal issues and my new trailer is 38' long.
    Last edited by Don and Linda; 04-01-2023 at 03:26 PM.
    Don and Linda along with Trixie and Chase the Camping Dogs
    Jacksonville, Florida

2019 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71 Duramax Crewcab LTZ
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got this one a couple years ago. Love that it connects quickly and has great range. When I park my truck in the garage it still picks up the camper tires 60' away. Also love the solar feature. It sits on the dash with a non-slip bottom and I've never plugged it in. Can add two more sensors if you want to track tow vehicle, trailer, and spares. It's been very reliable.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

p.s. Also love that you don't have to turn it on and off. You just leave it on and it goes to sleep after sensing no movement for a bit and wakes up once you enter the vehicle again.
    Last edited by Riverbug; 04-01-2023 at 04:10 PM.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TST all the way! I turn on the monitor while getting connected and finishing up putting things away for the trip. By the time we are going down the driveway everything is synced up and reporting. I do remove the sensors over the winter and install them in the spring. No issues as the y are marked for each tire position. Going on 3 years this season and no issues. I did mount the repeater in the forward bay on a toggle switch. Sometimes I even remember to turn it on or off. Even off everything reports fine. I did a kind of straw poll on here before buying. The TST 507 won hands down, but TireMinder was a close second. I absolutely do not regret getting the TST
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'll give Tire Linc another try again this year. TBH, I was pretty happy with it last season except for two of the sensors leaking between the plastic and the brass - nothing I could do to stop that. Drove over to the dealer last week and app picked up all 4 tires when I went to look at the repairs made. The alerter was pretty quiet the last half of our travels once I set thresholds appropriately.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast