User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richter View Post
    I use mine to check the torque on the wiring connections in the breaker box (after disconnecting the power first). I got a chart, somewhere, that has the torque settings for all of the wiring connections.
    I was in the electrical trade for 40+ years and can honestly say that the only time I've used a torque wrench in an electric panel was for terminations and assembly of high voltage switchgear.
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 03-29-2023 at 06:55 PM.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can never have enough tools
    Rivers To Ridges RV
    2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH-R
    2020 Ford F350

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhh... like-minded individuals who can relate... I'm from a long lineage of craftsman, and the 3rd generation here in the US and grew up in the family construction business. I have my grandfather's and my father's tools in addition to my own, and I'm lifelong firearms enthusiast and certified armorer, reformed racer and hot rod constructor, and metal fabricator on top of my carpentry and innate nature as an engineer to fix everything myself! The magnitude and diversity of my tool collection is ridiculous! Lol
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivecodys View Post
    Yep. Same here. Bought one from Amazon ($40) and have used it once when I added RV-Air Inserts to the A/C.
    That is the same reason I bought this tool, to install the RV-Air Inserts that I had ordered and received. GD was seeing issues with those who had installed these inserts and did not recommend them. Their logic made great sense and I have since tried to sell my kit.
    Terry and Elizabeth
    2020 Reflection 260RD Using Anderson Hitch
    2020 F350 SuperDuty Diesel Crew Dually Long Bed

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    I retorque then every year as part of my annual maintenance since we are full time in the coach.
    One individual said that 30-40 was too much. What inch torque do you use for your annual maintenance?
    Terry and Elizabeth
    2020 Reflection 260RD Using Anderson Hitch
    2020 F350 SuperDuty Diesel Crew Dually Long Bed

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terryriddle View Post
    One individual said that 30-40 was too much. What inch torque do you use for your annual maintenance?
    I back them off about 1 turn, then returque them to 30 inch pounds.

Also, the Coleman manual states 30-40 inch pounds.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is the same reason I bought this tool, to install the RV-Air Inserts that I had ordered and received. GD was seeing issues with those who had installed these inserts and did not recommend them. Their logic made great sense and I have since tried to sell my kit.
    I don't know who told you that Grand Design doesn't recommend the RV-Air inserts... they put them in many of their new RV AC units since 2021. And they sell them through their customers service for those that don't have them. They increase the air flow and efficiency significantly.
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 04-01-2023 at 10:59 AM.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't sell it. If it's anything like the kit I had, RVAirflow, IIRC, you'll love it. I bought it for the main unit, about 2 days into the first camping trip with it, I had 2 more ordered for the other units. It really works well, knocks the sound down a lot and seemed to cool and heat the unit at least as well, perhaps better. It is not snake oil, you'll instantly notice the difference in sound.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Ahhh... like-minded individuals who can relate... I'm from a long lineage of craftsman, and the 3rd generation here in the US and grew up in the family construction business. I have my grandfather's and my father's tools in addition to my own, and I'm lifelong firearms enthusiast and certified armorer, reformed racer and hot rod constructor, and metal fabricator on top of my carpentry and innate nature as an engineer to fix everything myself! The magnitude and diversity of my tool collection is ridiculous! Lol
    Loved your post. I can totally relate. I have more hobbies than I have lifetimes and I have an extensive set of tools for each hobby to include a 3500 sg ft shop where I restore old GM muscle cars as well as a cabinetry and woodworking portion of the shop where I do everything from building fine cabinetry to tinkering with electrical/electronics and other items of interest. Playing with campers is easy compared to the other things I love to do. This is all in addition to being an IT and Cyber advisor for all things IT at work. For me---I get bored easy and always have 1000 things going and queued up. When my friends stop by the shop---they can't get over the quantity and diversity of tools that I own. I just smile because many of them don't have a clue what each tool is used for. Lol
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by COGrandDes View Post
    When my friends stop by the shop---they can't get over the quantity and diversity of tools that I own. I just smile because many of them don't have a clue what each tool is used for. Lol
    I'm pretty sure that most of my friends couldn't correctly ID regular/phillips from one another. Meanwhile, I have a shop so full of tools that the biggest challenge isn't having the right tool, it's finding it and keeping them all organized.
    2020 Grand Design 351M (sold)
    2022 Luxe 44FB
    2019 F450 KR w/Hensley BD5F

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast