User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a critter in my ceiling, any creative Ideas?

Yesterday we uncovered our Momentum 395, We found little pcs of grey foam (ductwork interior) all over. My wife walked in the master BR and heard something above. As of right now I have all the diffusers pulled off and some stickey traps because of limited space in the ductwork. I also made a bucket trap with peanut butter and raised it up on the rear garage bed. Nothing so far. Any ideas would help the ceiling ductwork is pretty extensive 12 diffusers. I actually had a bucket trap in the unit all winter and nothing was in it. Thanks

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screamineagle View Post
    Yesterday we uncovered our Momentum 395, We found little pcs of grey foam (ductwork interior) all over. My wife walked in the master BR and heard something above. As of right now I have all the diffusers pulled off and some stickey traps because of limited space in the ductwork. I also made a bucket trap with peanut butter and raised it up on the rear garage bed. Nothing so far. Any ideas would help the ceiling ductwork is pretty extensive 12 diffusers. I actually had a bucket trap in the unit all winter and nothing was in it. Thanks
    Just a word of caution with the sticky glue traps... mice often only get partially stuck on them and then drag them somewhere else. That "somewhere else" is were they'll get fully stuck on it and die... most likely someplace you can't reach where they'll rot and stink up your ductwork. Tie a long string to each trap and tie the string to something below the ceiling. You're going to want to use a scope camera and do a thorough check of the ducts to see where they are chewed up... or you'll be blowing your AC into the ceiling cavity.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screamineagle View Post
    Try pulling the trim rings on the skylights. You should be able to place conventional traps that way. Tie a string to them too so the don't walk off. Also set traps in the belly if you can and seal up any holes like where he spare tire lift cable is and along the coroplast (belly fabric).
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar