User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should both gray tank equalize levels

I have a new 2023 303RLS. I am on my maiden shakedown trip at our local state park. In using the sinks my gray tank 2 filled and it indicates full. My wife was doing dishes and the sink would not drain. Gray tank 1 only shows half full. I thought both gray tank equalized when used. The owners manual does not refer to any special valving or process to follow when using gray tanks and it refers to both sinks and the shower as going to the gray tanks. What could be my problem? Thanks for any advice or info

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anderstd3 View Post
    I have a new 2023 303RLS. I am on my maiden shakedown trip at our local state park. In using the sinks my gray tank 2 filled and it indicates full. My wife was doing dishes and the sink would not drain. Gray tank 1 only shows half full. I thought both gray tank equalized when used. The owners manual does not refer to any special valving or process to follow when using gray tanks and it refers to both sinks and the shower as going to the gray tanks. What could be my problem? Thanks for any advice or info
    In theory one should be able to equalize the two tanks, in practice it doesn't always work so well. Many use the Valterra valve (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BGHYJS). Fasten it to where you dump. Then you can open both of the grey tanks. In theory, this is when they would equalize. But one tank may be higher than the other or there may be other issues. The other approach is to carry a small tote tank like https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K8NK525. You can dump your grey water into that and haul it to the dump station without having to move the coach.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could it be that 1 tank is just for the shower and 1 tank is for kitchen and bathroom sinks? Just wondering if the tanks are segregated from each other

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could it be that 1 tank is just for the shower and 1 tank is for kitchen and bathroom sinks? Just wondering if the tanks are segregated from each other
    Yes they are separate tanks. You will need a tote if not on full hookup
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks very much for the info

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will buy a valve so I can equalize.
    Thanks so much

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks so much
    Don’t count on that working that well. I would buy a tote instead of the valve. Ymmv
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Don’t count on that working that well. I would buy a tote instead of the valve. Ymmv
    I agree - they are not designed to equalize. Our previous 5th wheel had a single gray tank. When we first bought our 303RLS I wasn’t sure I liked the idea of having two. Now that we have used it for a while, we have figured out how to make it work for us.
    2022 Ram 2500 4x4, 6.7 Cummins, RamBox, Air Lift 5000 Ultimate Plus, B&W Companion
    2022 Reflection 303RLS, Progressive hardwired EMS, Airborne Sidewinder
    YouTube Chanel

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks very much for the info
    Thanks so much
    @anderstd3 -

Here are a few forum tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

3) You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm Not sure on your 303, but on my Solitude, the bathroom sink & shower utilize one tank & the kitchen sink the other. Somone with a 303 should answer your question definitively.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast