User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No right turn signal or brake light.

I thought this was gonna be a simple fast fix by changing out the light. I have no power on the brown wire back at the tailight. Is there a separate fuse panel for the driving trailer lights someplace in the fifth wheel.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screamineagle View Post
    I thought this was gonna be a simple fast fix by changing out the light. I have no power on the brown wire back at the tailight. Is there a separate fuse panel for the driving trailer lights someplace in the fifth wheel.
    No, it’s probably a broken wire somewhere, check the junction box up inside the pin box.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you know where the wires go from the junction box. I can't believe I am gonna have to run one brown wire down the frame of the trailer to avoid pulling the corroplast down

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you know where the wires go from the junction box. I can't believe I am gonna have to run one brown wire down the frame of the trailer to avoid pulling the corroplast down
    There is no set wiring procedure for an rv. Make sure you have power to the brown wire at the junction box, the problem may be upstream of that.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd start at the truck. With the trailer disconnected, do the truck lights work properly? If so, plug in the trailer. Do they still work properly? If so, disconnect the trailer and check at the plug. Do you have power at the proper terminals? If so, open up the trailer light and see if you have power at the bulb. While you're at it, check the bulb.

If all checks out, but you still don't have proper lights, you may well need to run new wires.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the weird thing with the right directional on should I see a flashing 12 volts on a meter when I am touching red lead of meter to right signal light connecter and black side of meter to connector ground. Meter set at 25 volts DC

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the weird thing with the right directional on should I see a flashing 12 volts on a meter when I am touching red lead of meter to right signal light connecter and black side of meter to connector ground. Meter set at 25 volts DC

Why is it weird? Theoretically you’re right but most meters won’t respond quick enough, a test light would work better in this case.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s a fuse or module in the truck most likely. The trailer lights are completely separate from the truck lights, and on most vehicles there is a separate fuse for each trailer turn/brake light
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have you pulled the entire light assembly off and checked the wiring splice behind? There should be enough slack to get the splices outside the wall, but pull carefully. You dont list you model, but on mine, just inside the back wall are wiring splices. They are a known issue as GD used knife splicers - not good. You may also be able to see the wiring under the trailer at the back corner. On my unit it goes through the floor from the overhang to inside a back wall cabinet and then to the light.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem was the brown wire going from junction in pin box to tailight. It was chewed through approx. 8 feet from back of camper. right at the point where the large coroplast pc starts at the entry door of the toyhauler garage. All repaired. Thanks for everything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast