User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where is your inverter located & what does it look like???

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Karfre View Post
    Where is your inverter located & what does it look like???
    I haven't purchased one yet

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DohMan View Post
    I have a 337RLS and it's AC inverter prepped. Some manufacturers ID the outlets that are wired for inverter use if one is installed. Does Grand Design label Inverter Capabile outlets?
    I have the 303RLS with inverter prep. Hook up both provided lines by cutting the orange feeder line. Install your ATS and all outlets both GFCI and normal will be hot. Works great in my RV and super easy.
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're still early in our ownership of our Reflection, so we're still learning. Just this weekend we marked which outlets are on which breaker. One of these days I'll turn off everything except the inverter and see what's still powered. I suspect that it is just the refrigerator (residential).

BTW, the factory insisted that, if we had an inverter, it would be located on the ceiling the the pass-through compartment. We have an inverter, and it is located behind the small chest of drawers between the bedroom and bathroom. In order to actually get to it I'll have to move the mattress off of the platform and then remove the two drawers. Your location may be different.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DohMan View Post
    Thats' what I'm talking about. I'm thinking that one ends of the cut end will have AC power on it and this end would then go to the AC input of your Inverters's Automatic Transfer switch if so equipped. The other cut end would connect to the Inverter AC out. There are two breakers labelled inverter prep on the AC distribution panel. This would allow one breaker to turn off the power to the AC in of the inverter and the other breaker to control the AC out from the breaker to the outlets. You would still have to connect your DC leads to your battery.
    If you follow this link...you can get to my post where I outlined my budget build by using the Inverter Prep circuit and a lower cost inverter to power the outlets for the things that we wanted and desired to use. There is also a pic or two and you can see the orange inverter wires going into the ATS. The pic of my ATS is a little different than current as I upgraded it to a 30A version but everything else is the same. https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...834#post460834
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kb0zke View Post
    We're still early in our ownership of our Reflection, so we're still learning. Just this weekend we marked which outlets are on which breaker. One of these days I'll turn off everything except the inverter and see what's still powered. I suspect that it is just the refrigerator (residential).

BTW, the factory insisted that, if we had an inverter, it would be located on the ceiling the the pass-through compartment. We have an inverter, and it is located behind the small chest of drawers between the bedroom and bathroom. In order to actually get to it I'll have to move the mattress off of the platform and then remove the two drawers. Your location may be different.
    We have a 2022 315RLTS similar to yours. I, like you, found the inverter stashed behind the small chest of drawers. I've determined that inverter is for the residential refrigerator only. It's connected to both an outlet coming off the "Refrigerator" breaker and the battery. The output of that inverter goes to the outlet behind the refrigerator. If the inverter gets 120V power, it just passes it through. If it doesn't get 120V power, the inverter function kicks in and powers the refrigerator from the battery.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2528.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	46034

I did the same thing as you and chased each of the outlets to determine which outlet went to which breaker (wild ride, huh?). I found that all of the non-dedicated convenience outlets in my coach went to either the "General" breaker or "GFCI" breaker. I also have two breakers labeled "Inverter Prep". The two "Inverter Prep" breakers are connected to a wire loop that runs to a location on the ceiling of the pass-thru compartment. If I correctly understand how the breaker box is internally configured, the "Microwave", "General", and "GFCI" breakers are all on the same bus and they're powered through the two "Inverter Prep" breakers. If an inverter is installed in that loop, it will receive power from the top "Inverter Prep" breaker and the battery bank. It will supply power back to the lower section of the bus through the lower "Inverter Prep" breaker. That would mean if an inverter was installed in the inverter prep loop, it would power the microwave and all of the convenience outlets in the coach.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2484.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	46033

Hope this makes sense.

Safe Travels!
    Don and Linda along with Trixie and Chase the Camping Dogs
    Jacksonville, Florida

2019 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71 Duramax Crewcab LTZ
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a great video from Jomani on this forum. Its about the inverter loop wire and how to connect it to a transfer switch and inverter. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjYSG_EDJWc

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robmcqueen View Post
    Here is a great video from Jomani on this forum. Its about the inverter loop wire and how to connect it to a transfer switch and inverter. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjYSG_EDJWc
    Thanks for the excellent video! It validated what I thought I knew and filled in some of the many areas where I have a limited understanding.
    Don and Linda along with Trixie and Chase the Camping Dogs
    Jacksonville, Florida

2019 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71 Duramax Crewcab LTZ
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kengqiuist View Post
    All of the units with a residential fridge have inverters installed to be able to run the fridge and power to all 110v outlets, when not on shore power or generator, as long as the batteries are charged. We have the 300watt solar panel and 2000watt inverter factory installed. All of our outlets are hot. I'm no electrical system expert, but that is my understanding.

We looked at other manufacturers like Keystone and Jayco prior to choosing GD and saw that only certain labeled outlets were hot. But that hasn't been the case with our Solitude.
    For Momentums up until least the early 2022 model year, the Residential fridge came with only a 1K inverter to power just the Fridge. I've seen many Solitudes that were the same setup as well. If you also opted for the solar package, then the inverter was upgraded to a 2K unit and powers the outlets in the kitchen/main living area only (except for the microwave). Not to say there could have been some R models during the supply chain shortages that got 2K inverters without the solar option.

Our 351M-R has the solar option, and there is a sub-panel under the stairs that is connected to the inverter's transfer switch and controls the outlets in the kitchen/living area.
    Last edited by Brother_Bluto; 04-25-2023 at 08:11 PM.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don and Linda View Post
    Thanks for the excellent video! It validated what I thought I knew and filled in some of the many areas where I have a limited understanding.
    His other videos are good also. Check them out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12