Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Set screw needed

On our way from The Ranch to Graham Cave one of the set screws on the kitchen faucet ran away. I looked in my junque box but didn't find one small enough, so I asked at a GD dealer near where we were. He referred me to an Ace Hardware, so I went to one and came home with two possible candidates. Turns out that one is too small and the other is too large. On another thread I found a link that eventually led me to a picture of our faucet, and the set screw I need is in that picture. "Please Note: All parts can be purchased through a Grand Design RV dealer near you."

The link is: https://www.granddesignrv.com/owners...s/parts-lookup and I chose our trailer, a 2022 Reflection 315RLTS, then chose the kitchen faucet if anyone wants to see a picture of what I'm looking for. We're looking at a possible factory tour in September, so maybe there is one to be had there. There is also an Ace Hardware store not too far from where I am that has been there forever, so maybe they will have what I'm looking for.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't forget that there are metric set screws and American Standard set screws. Not a lot of difference in size, but enough.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Willing to bet it’s metric. If you can’t find a metric set screw, find a metric screw that fits, cut it down to length and cut a slot in the cut end for a screw driver. Good luck.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No experience with this, so not sure it will meet your needs, but a quick Amazon search: https://www.amazon.com/Set-Screws-As...s%2C103&sr=8-5

For $10, may be worth a shot and could be handy to have on hand.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kb0zke View Post
    On our way from The Ranch to Graham Cave one of the set screws on the kitchen faucet ran away. I looked in my junque box but didn't find one small enough, so I asked at a GD dealer near where we were. He referred me to an Ace Hardware, so I went to one and came home with two possible candidates. Turns out that one is too small and the other is too large. On another thread I found a link that eventually led me to a picture of our faucet, and the set screw I need is in that picture. "Please Note: All parts can be purchased through a Grand Design RV dealer near you."

The link is: https://www.granddesignrv.com/owners...s/parts-lookup and I chose our trailer, a 2022 Reflection 315RLTS, then chose the kitchen faucet if anyone wants to see a picture of what I'm looking for. We're looking at a possible factory tour in September, so maybe there is one to be had there. There is also an Ace Hardware store not too far from where I am that has been there forever, so maybe they will have what I'm looking for.
    Will a regular screw work in a pinch? I have done that before.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    Will a regular screw work in a pinch? I have done that before.
    Depends on the application. One of ours was under a cover that turned.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kb0zke View Post

What I have done is go to Harbor freight and pick up one of their packs of various sizes. It’s more expensive than buying an individual one but gives you spares and that comes in handy.
    Matt & Dana , Kasey the Australian Cattle Dog
    2018 303rls
    2012 Ram 2500 6.7 diesel

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to the Ace Hardware down the street with the one screw that was too large. The one that is too small was still in the faucet, so I left it. I told the salesman what the problem was and he immediately knew what I needed. He found the right set screw (metric). I wasn't sure that I had the right size hex wrench, so I bought a set that included the right one. He gave me the set screw for free, and since the cost with the sales tax was a penny over an even dollar amount he dropped the penny.

I've gotten things at that store before, which is why I decided to give them a try.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar