User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by az_fez_jet View Post
    Hello,

Yes digging up an old thread here, but can you advise what the weight of your trailer is? How have the DP windows held up so far?

Thanks
    We have DP windows in our 376. My BIL does not have them in his 376. Ours is quieter, cools & heats easier than his. We do not have any moisture on our windows when he does. Our trailer only weighed about 200 lbs more than his. Sitting by the windows with the sun shining in there is a noticeable difference. We live in our unit full time, 4.5 years now. We would never consider buying a rig without DP windows.
    If you only use the rig part time they may not be worth it but for us they certainly are.
    Pam & Ed
    "Just Kruse'n"

Momentum 376TH (New 11/04/2016)
    Full Timing since 11/04/2016
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW Aisin 3.73

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    FYI, when purchasing our Solitude 310GK the regional rep for GD told me that its dual-pane windows added about 400 pounds to its weight. In the years since I've seen a few things that make me fairly sure that his information was overstated - that might be the MOST weight that double-pane glass would add to a trailer, or IOW the extra weight on GD's most-windowed model.

Ours have "held up" well in nearly three years, including some sunny days in the nineties and some well-below-freezing days.

If you're asking because you're "weighing" the decision to get them or not, this is a vote for 'yes'. We had a 2018 Reflection with single pane windows, now have a 2018 Solitude with double-pane. Very much less condensation in cold weather, noticeably reduces noise outside the trailer, and may help a little bit in maintaining temperature in the trailer.

Good luck with your decision.
    Thank you. Yes I am on the fence about a factory order for DP in a 315 specifically. The 315 already suffers from low CCC, add a couple batteries, 2nd AC, propane and I really want to know specifically what I am giving up to DP. Inverter and some solar will also be added as we are more so weekend warriors at our stage and age in life. We also tow with a Suburban 2500 so a 5ver is not a consideration to be made at this time.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Krusen View Post
    We have DP windows in our 376. My BIL does not have them in his 376. Ours is quieter, cools & heats easier than his. We do not have any moisture on our windows when he does. Our trailer only weighed about 200 lbs more than his. Sitting by the windows with the sun shining in there is a noticeable difference. We live in our unit full time, 4.5 years now. We would never consider buying a rig without DP windows.
    If you only use the rig part time they may not be worth it but for us they certainly are.
    This is key information, 200lbs more. Were other options and model year the same?

Thank you

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by az_fez_jet View Post
    This is key information, 200lbs more. Were other options and model year the same?

Thank you
    We took other options into consideration. Using tire tags on side of trailers mine weighs 16552. BIL's is 16006. I'm 546 lbs heavier. But I also have a generator & 3rd AC unit (BIL does not) which add about 400 to mine. I've forgotten how we figured 200 lbs but as you can see from these numbers there isn't that much difference in weight for the windows.

Same year models built about 3 months apart.
    Pam & Ed
    "Just Kruse'n"

Momentum 376TH (New 11/04/2016)
    Full Timing since 11/04/2016
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW Aisin 3.73

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Krusen View Post
    We took other options into consideration. Using tire tags on side of trailers mine weighs 16552. BIL's is 16006. I'm 546 lbs heavier. But I also have a generator & 3rd AC unit (BIL does not) which add about 400 to mine. I've forgotten how we figured 200 lbs but as you can see from these numbers there isn't that much difference in weight for the windows.

Same year models built about 3 months apart.
    I appreciate the granual detail in comparison. As the 337 is the identical floorplan to the 315 window wise. I can swallow 200lbs of weight for the benefit, not to mention that weight will be primarily behind the axles thus mitigating the TW gain with a 2nd AC. I was also very pleasantly surprised to see a weight sticker to a new on the dealer lot 2021 that had an 300lb GVWR increase on the 315. Much good news all around.....

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justa5th View Post
    Previous posts about this subject usually say the same thing. They help some with heat/cold and noise. People that have them love them and people that don’t have them don’t miss them. They add a decent amount of weight to the trailer (200-600 lbs?) therefore decreasing already low carry capacity for all your camping goodies. Increased weight and no real answer on an exact amount of extra weight steered us away from them. I do wish I had them but not at a loss of carry capacity.
    We have a 376RD on order. It is a 42.5 foot Solitude and I called GD today and spoke with Brian about the weight. He said the option only added 150 lbs to the weight. I had been reading on the forums about 350 lbs & 400-600 lbs. I looked up the weight of 1/8" glass and it is 1.63 lbs per sq ft. I estimated the glass on the 376 and it came out close to what Brian said. I don't think it is as heavy as most people think.
    Michael Dilday - Suffolk, Va.
    2024 Solitude 376RD - Body paint, 3rd A/C, slide toppers, solar upgrade, 8k axle upgrade
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD Duramax Crew Dually, B&W Companion hitch
    35+ years camping

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mwdilday View Post
    We have a 376RD on order. It is a 42.5 foot Solitude and I called GD today and spoke with Brian about the weight. He said the option only added 150 lbs to the weight. I had been reading on the forums about 350 lbs & 400-600 lbs. I looked up the weight of 1/8" glass and it is 1.63 lbs per sq ft. I estimated the glass on the 376 and it came out close to what Brian said. I don't think it is as heavy as most people think.
    I don't know where Brian got than number. Dual pane windows added 340 - 350 lbs. to our 310GK. There's more to it than just the glass - the frames are different, too.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like them but not for any thermal anything. It keeps the condensation under control and seems to keep the outside noise down.
    2021 GMC 3500HD
    2021 Montana High Country 385BR
    2018 GMC 2500 HD (Traded in)
    2019 GD312BHTS (written off by fallen tree RIP)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I don't know where Brian got than number. Dual pane windows added 340 - 350 lbs. to our 310GK. There's more to it than just the glass - the frames are different, too.

Rob
    I called Lippert this morning. They said a 24” X 60” dual pane is 5 lbs heavier than a single pane unit of the same size. This is close to what GD Brian estimated. I expect the bonded dual pane is 2 panels of thinner glass.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mwdilday View Post
    We have a 376RD on order. It is a 42.5 foot Solitude and I called GD today and spoke with Brian about the weight. He said the option only added 150 lbs to the weight. I had been reading on the forums about 350 lbs & 400-600 lbs.
    Must be a different weight based upon month/day/year. I spoke with a Brian in Aug 2020 before ordering and asked that question. Don't know if it was the same Brian, but this one said dual pane would add about 250 lbs on our 310. Tend to think @Second Chance number is closer to actual.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast