User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Schwintek thumping sound

First time early April when we retrieved the 310 from the dealer and I deployed the bedroom slide, what a loud thumping sound it made for about half the distance. When deploying, you can hear it mainly inside. When retracting, you can hear it outside but not as loud. Less noticeable since it warmed up, but I'm seeing some wear marks and chafing on the lower racks but they are clean. Doubt if anything has ever been lubricated based upon the yes/no/yes/no guidance from LCI/GD. Always had the thumping noise since delivery but this time it was much worse. I had thought it was the rollers (one feels like it has a really small casting seam), but now I'm wondering about gear mesh with the racks? Long trip coming up.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lubricating helped our's work more quietly and smoothly. Use the CRC on the gibs. Also where the seals can bind in the tracks.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with @Soundsailor. I know Lippert says not to lube, but that saved use on one of our trips last year. Up until then, we could never smoothly extend or retract our slide just on battery. It would run really rough, so we always did while either hooked up or plugged in thebrunning TV. I always, until then, blamed it on the cheap dealer installed group 24 batt. Last year, while braking camp, we couldn't get the slide to come more the 6in before it bind and jam. Tried everything the troubleshooting asked for. Even reverse the harnesses. Since we had to leave as the site was fully booked, plus we had to get to our next stop, I asked DW to start looking for a mobile tech while I continued to try and fix it. I had brought along that can of CRC, so I said to myself, what year heck. Wow, not only did we get the slide in on the second try, but it has never worked so smoothly. I now lube it 2-3 per season, and we can operate the slide on a good charged battery.
    Maybe this will help you.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I agree with @Soundsailor. I know Lippert says not to lube, but that saved use on one of our trips last year. Up until then, we could never smoothly extend or retract our slide just on battery.
    It goes into the shop in two weeks and we aren't headed anywhere before that but I peeked in behind the rubber and there is no evidence of any lube. GD has a case open but if the tech says it's normal, I'll probably give it a try. Temperature seems to make a difference - warmer weather less noise. I'm kind of thinking it is gear related now because it silences once most of the weight of the slide is outside.
    Robin & John
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    It goes into the shop in two weeks and we aren't headed anywhere before that but I peeked in behind the rubber and there is no evidence of any lube. GD has a case open but if the tech says it's normal, I'll probably give it a try. Temperature seems to make a difference - warmer weather less noise. I'm kind of thinking it is gear related now because it silences once most of the weight of the slide is outside.
    You won't see it... It's dry lube and it makes a difference. Just watch their video on what and how to spray.
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post
    You won't see it... It's dry lube and it makes a difference. Just watch their video on what and how to spray.
    I think LCI pulled the video.
    Last edited by ajg617; 05-17-2023 at 05:46 AM.
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are seeing wear marks on the lower drive track then you have an issue with the lower bearing block, rivets, and or shoe assy

It will only get worse till the slide no longer will operate.. lubrication will do nothing to fix this and will also make things worse
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_8861.jpeg   IMG_8860.jpeg   IMG_8859.jpeg  

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper02 View Post
    If you are seeing wear marks on the lower drive track then you have an issue with the lower bearing block, rivets, and or shoe assy

It will only get worse till the slide no longer will operate.. lubrication will do nothing to fix this and will also make things worse
    Thank you for posting the pictures. My racks are aluminum, but the wear marks inside the tracks are similar to what you show in the last picture and visibly shiny aluminum. And following the first picture, the forward V-roller is completely free and the rear V-roller can not be moved.

Can you provide a source for the pictures? Since the unit is level, the descriptions suggest that the bottom floor rollers are incorrectly shimmed.
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turns out that there is a TSB which affects my 310 - entire Schwintek system should be replaced according to LCI. We'll see how that goes. Waiting for more details.
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just received an email from LCI authorizing a complete Schwintek system replacement
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast