User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got suckered into that a few years ago. And got it back. It was a camping world stealership and I was ready to buy 100%. I asked them to include the tow set up and for whatever reason they could not find a drop hitch that would fit. Then they told me my truck was ‘rare’ and that people don’t usually tow with them. A ram 2500. Like it was a spaceship. 2 times I went to pick it up and even got the walk-through. Still no drop hitch. So I blew my stack and they gave me my money back saying they could never make me happy. Which was true until I got my money back.

Then I went to a place called whitehorse RV in southern NJ. I called and said I wanted a 2400BH and could I get it that weekend. Answer: yes we will have it ready. No deposit, just picked it up hitch and all and went home. Great people and yes I will go back there when I get a new one.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For all you know is they are hurting for money. If they file for bankruptcy your out of luck. No reputable dealer would ask for that, I would not deal with them. I could give you a great sale price if I’m not planning on delivering. Forget them!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be sure their installment contract has no payment-acceleration penalties. They sound like they are trying to get some of their profit from the interest on the mortgage. Good luck!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    General RV wanted 2500.00 non refundable on a raptor order. I walked away and bought a used one.
    2021 GMC 3500HD
    2021 Montana High Country 385BR
    2018 GMC 2500 HD (Traded in)
    2019 GD312BHTS (written off by fallen tree RIP)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my solitude cost $95,000 and the dealer (2nd trailer bought ) asked for only $2,000.

when i bought my ford diesel i told them i was financing and gave them a small deposit .

When the time came to pick up....the finance man got a shock.. when he asked me to sign the financing agreement i handed him a bank check for the full amount...

the financing guy told me i had to finance and i said here's the check.. disappointed my check was taken and i won ...got a lower price because they though they would make it up on financing kick backs.....

my claim to fame is to know the game
    2022 Solitude 378mbs-r with 3rd air and solar package, Flux Capacitor pending, Removed Nautilus and replaced with the Bruce Select-A-Matic

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ForBruce View Post
    my solitude cost $95,000 and the dealer (2nd trailer bought ) asked for only $2,000.

when i bought my ford diesel i told them i was financing and gave them a small deposit .

When the time came to pick up....the finance man got a shock.. when he asked me to sign the financing agreement i handed him a bank check for the full amount...

the financing guy told me i had to finance and i said here's the check.. disappointed my check was taken and i won ...got a lower price because they though they would make it up on financing kick backs.....

my claim to fame is to know the game
    I usually pay cash for trucks and RVs.

The best deal I ever did was for a 2019 F150 they had an additional $1000 rebate if financed with Ford. I had to finance at least $10,000 to get the rebate. A $42,300 sticker truck, $9,967 in dealer holiday discounts, $10,750 in rebates ($3k PCO + $1k finance rebate + $6,750 factory rebate ) adjusted price $23,833 plus Tax Tag and fees. $27,328 out the door.

I paid for it with
    $5,000 on credit card for points, max they would let me put on credit card
    $10,000 finance
    Cash for the rest.

2 days later I called Ford finance, they gave me the loan number and paid the loan off on the internet that day. Only paid 2 days interest.

18 months later I sold it to Carvana for $37,313, for a $10,000 profit.

Like ForBruce said, have to know the game
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    I usually pay cash for trucks and RVs.

The best deal I ever did was for a 2019 F150 they had an additional $1000 rebate if financed with Ford. I had to finance at least $10,000 to get the rebate. A $42,300 sticker truck, $9,967 in dealer holiday discounts, $10,750 in rebates ($3k PCO + $1k finance rebate + $6,750 factory rebate ) adjusted price $23,833 plus Tax Tag and fees. $27,328 out the door.

I paid for it with
    $5,000 on credit card for points, max they would let me put on credit card
    $10,000 finance
    Cash for the rest.

2 days later I called Ford finance, they gave me the loan number and paid the loan off on the internet that day. Only paid 2 days interest.

18 months later I sold it to Carvana for $37,313, for a $10,000 profit.

Like ForBruce said, have to know the game
    A lot of people made money selling to Carvana. They were just one of the new internet based bussiness that sprang up, operating with investor money paying no attention to the bottom line. They are now on life support, their freewheeling days behind them. I doubt they will make it,
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123