User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    I believe the max pressure on those tires is 120 psi.
    Yup…that’s correct
    2021 Solitude 380FL (Morryde IS)
    2022 F-450
    Hensley BD-5F

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ones I'm looking at are rated for 110 psi with a weight capacity of 4540 lbs. I think the extra inch of height for the 245s will be worth it over the 225s that are rated at 3970 lbs and there's not much of a price difference.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fykerz View Post
    Glad to hear it! Its certainly good for peace of mind. We have the equaflex set up. Im anticipating that the ride will be a bit rougher but would rather have that then have a the inner bead of rim shear off while going down the road again. Do you run yours at 110 psi? I haven't decided what I'm doing with the spare yet. I like the idea of a steel spare and I have a G rated 235/85/16 on a steel rim as a spare right now. The capacity of this is similar and would do the job to get us to a town to find a replacement 19.5. We have similar issues with the loosening cable lift system. I ended up drilling a hole through the raising and lowering mechanism where it crosses the frame and installing a locking safety pin through it. No issues with loosening since.
    Nice solution on the spare lift..I’ll take a look at that too. As Hoopy Frood mentioned, I run ours a little under the max… typically around 110/115.

Take a look at the attached guidance from Boar/Michelin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Boar%20Wheel%20Installation.pdf.pdf  
    2022 F-450
    Hensley BD-5F

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One other thing, pay close attention to the diameter of the studs on your axles… I blew that and ordered wheels with the wrong stud hole diameters. Fortunately, I discovered the error and corrected it before they shipped
    2022 F-450
    Hensley BD-5F

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't go with the Boar option. I ordered a set of Vision Heavy Hauler 81's rated for 4500 lbs. The wheel failure took the studs with it and based on what the RV shop had in stock I now have two different sizes of lug studs so I'll have re-stud one way or another to correct that anyway.

https://www.visionwheel.com/wheel/86.../?finishID=103

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ones I'm looking at are rated for 110 psi with a weight capacity of 4540 lbs. I think the extra inch of height for the 245s will be worth it over the 225s that are rated at 3970 lbs and there's not much of a price difference.
    Just a FWIW, my "G" rated Sailun 235/85-16 tires are rated at 4400 lbs. at 110 psi. I usually run them around 105 psi which is plenty for my axle weight of 14,400 lbs. At about 1/2 the price, an added benefit.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah thats the size I'm coming from, G rated as well. I didn't have tire trouble, but 2" of the inner bead of the rim sheared off at 60mph. Needless to say I'm changing 4 rims because I trust them about as far as I can throw them at this point.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah thats the size I'm coming from, G rated as well. I didn't have tire trouble, but 2" of the inner bead of the rim sheared off at 60mph. Needless to say I'm changing 4 rims because I trust them about as far as I can throw them at this point.
    Yeah, I'd probably feel the same way, although that's the first time I've heard of that happening.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that's the consensus I'm hearing from various rv dealers and the wheel manufacturer as well. We travel in the mountains all the time so I'd rather be overkill then have to deal with this again.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that's the consensus I'm hearing from various rv dealers and the wheel manufacturer as well. We travel in the mountains all the time so I'd rather be overkill then have to deal with this again.
    @Fykerz -

Welcome to the forum! Here are a few tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

3) You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast