User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water Tank Overflow Repair

Has anyone ever had to replace the water tank overflow line? Mine broke at the elbow. I able to pull this out. I did remove the clamp at the elbow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p1697962448-2.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	46503

It appears that dropping the entire underbelly would be a monumental effort as there are several penetrations, gas lines and foam sealant. If I can get to it, it doesn't seem like it will be a hard fix.

Does anyone know if the broken elbow is threaded on the other end? I'm assuming it is threaded and goes directly to the top of the tank.

Is there enough room to even get into it without dropping the entire tank?

If anyone has had the under belly off and dropped the tank, any photos or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
    2022 F350 DRW - Lariat, LBCC, 4x4, 7.3L, 4.30 gears
    2018 Imagine 2150RB (SOLD)
    2005 Four Wheel Camper, Grandby (Slide-in Popup)
    2020 Reflection 337RLS (SOLD)

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That looks like a broken PEX fitting, most likely not the fitting directly on the tank. For your sake, I hope I'm correct, that would make it an easy fix. If you don't want to drop the entire underbelly, cut an access panel or cut across. I cut across mine to install a dryer vent and I used aluminum angle to make new supports where the cut was made above the coroplast and 1/8" aluminum flatstock on the bottom side sandwhiching the coroplast between the 2 to keep it back in place.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did some work on mine a couple years ago. I cut out the foam around the drain, took out the corplast screws all along that side, shoved some cutoff 2x4 pieces between the frame and Coroplast to hold it open and was able to work through that opening. It was not easy but doable. When I took out foam around the drain, I found I was able slide the tank sideways somewhat which helped when working on it.
    2018 295RL Relection
    2018 Silverado HD2500

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just replaced the fw tank in our 2970RL this weekend. The part that is broken and still attached to the tank is male 1/2" NPT and right against the bottom of the camper floor...The tank will have to be dropped...
    One thing we did to make it easier was to remove the gravity fill port and tie a string around the hose so it was easier to pull it back up when reinstalling the new tank.
    We removed just enough of the corolpast to access the tank and folded it back out of the way.
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250