User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Satellite

marmidor

Satellite

Does anyone know how to hook up Direct TV to the entire unit? We have a dish and one box. It is set up now to a TV outside. We would like to be able to run it to the TV's inside also

Site Sponsor Long Island Happy Camper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Satellite

Each TV would need a seperate box if you want to watch seperate shows. If you don't mind watching the same show on all the TV's put the satellite wire from the dish splitter out in to the box. Then from the box out into another digital splitter. Now you can send the same signal from the box to mutltiple TV's. Connect seperate satellite wires from the digital splitter from the box out to the remaining tv's. You can find the splitters on Amazon. Depending on how many tv's you have (2, 3 or 4) that is the size of the digital spiltter you will need. You will also need to get a RF remote (instead of IR) from directv so you won't need direct site with the box to control it. You can google this and get more detailed instructions and some diagrams of the set-up. I know it sounds confusing but thats how it can be done. On my RV I have 3 satellite boxes. My dish has a splitter for 3 directv boxes and I run one to the bedroom, one to the livingroom and one to the outside tv.
    Jeff - Long Island - New York
    2014 Grand Design Momentum 385TH #5
    2011 Ford F-350 6.7 Duallie Golden Bronze Metallic
    Reese 20K Select Hitch
    TST flow through tire pressure monitor
    Firestone Ride Rite Air-Bags

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Reflection owner satellite question.
    First let me say we have not taken possession of our unit yet so I have not read any manuals.
    We will pickup our new 315RLTS travel trailer this Friday (Yeah) but I'm curious to know how TV stuff works in the new rig. All of the RVs I've owned before have had an A/V distribution control box. I also believe that this is not a unit specific question, but applies to most of the product line.
    Inputs were Antenna, Aux (like a digital tuner), VCR, Cable, and Satellite; then you would select which would be routed to the 2 TVs or the VCR in the RV.
    How is this managed in the new unit?
    Does anyone have a wiring diagram for coax or HDMI routeing in a 2017 Reflection travel trailer (which would be the most helpful solution)?
    I do not want to purchase and install a 2nd Dish receiver and accept that every TV must watch the same channel off of it at any point in time.
    We do want to have the Dish receiver located in the living room, feed that TV while the Furrion DV3200 DVD player feeds the bedroom TV at the same time.
    Please point me in the direction of what to test before accepting delivery and read.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by RVL315R; 12-31-2016 at 03:03 PM.
    Paul B.
    2017 315RLTS
    2002 GMC 3500
    2012 Harley Ultra w/ MotorTrike conversion

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't comment on Direct TV but for DISH when I ran wires through a splitter the two boxes seemed to fight with each other and kept causing problems. As soon as I disconnected one box the other worked fine. My antenna has three outputs so I am going to use those as 3 TVs is the max I would run.
    2016 Solitude 369RL
    2005 Airstream 396 XL LandYacht Motorhome (Yes they made some!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Island Happy Camper View Post
    Each TV would need a seperate box if you want to watch seperate shows. If you don't mind watching the same show on all the TV's put the satellite wire from the dish splitter out in to the box. Then from the box out into another digital splitter. Now you can send the same signal from the box to mutltiple TV's. Connect seperate satellite wires from the digital splitter from the box out to the remaining tv's. You can find the splitters on Amazon. Depending on how many tv's you have (2, 3 or 4) that is the size of the digital spiltter you will need. You will also need to get a RF remote (instead of IR) from directv so you won't need direct site with the box to control it. You can google this and get more detailed instructions and some diagrams of the set-up. I know it sounds confusing but thats how it can be done. On my RV I have 3 satellite boxes. My dish has a splitter for 3 directv boxes and I run one to the bedroom, one to the livingroom and one to the outside tv.
    I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread today. I've got my living room tv hooked up to satellite, and was preparing to hook up the outside tv which sits directly behind the LR tv. I've never used or even seen an HDMI splitter, but assumed there was one. Wasn't sure if it would work with one satellite box, but looks like it does as long as you don't mind watching the same show on both. This just confirmed it for me. Thanks!
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Either Direct TV or Dish can be done with a powered HDMI splinter but a product that I have used many times and have one in my Solitude is a PeerAir that is made by Peerless AV. It transmits 1080P wireless up to 75' very well. Comes in 1X2 up to 1X6.. Gets pricy when you get past 1X2, but if you can't run a HDMI cable it works very well

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an update. I did buy a HDMI splitter (about $23 on Amazon) and ran a cable from it to my outside tv. Fortunately the outside tv is behind the wall of the interior tv, so running the cable was fairly easy. It works great!
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed