Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Reflection with heating problems

Hello,
    I just picked up our new Reflection 31MB yesterday and we're playing with everything trying to learn how it all works. This morning turned on the heater an we're getting air flow out of the vents in the living area and one outlet in the mid bunkroom. The other outlet in the bunkroom, the bathroom, and the upper bedroom does not have any air flow. I fear that maybe a duct it disconnected but I don't know where to start looking. The underside is covered and I'm reluctant to start removing this to expose the ducts. Any suggestions? I can take it back to the dealer but if it's something simple I'd rather repair it myself.
    thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most common problem that I have read about is the ducts not being connected to the furnace properly. Hopefully the Reflection owners will pipe and tell you where the furnace is; in my Momentum the furnace is behind the faux walls in the front compartment and easily accessed by removing a few screws with a #2 Robertson screwdriver (square head).

Have your shop vac handy as you will probably encounter construction debris.

Have some metal HVAC tape handy to secure loose connections and to cover any air leaks.

Also a good time to put in a water leak detector.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1carguy View Post
    Hello,
    I just picked up our new Reflection 31MB yesterday and we're playing with everything trying to learn how it all works. This morning turned on the heater an we're getting air flow out of the vents in the living area and one outlet in the mid bunkroom. The other outlet in the bunkroom, the bathroom, and the upper bedroom does not have any air flow. I fear that maybe a duct it disconnected but I don't know where to start looking. The underside is covered and I'm reluctant to start removing this to expose the ducts. Any suggestions? I can take it back to the dealer but if it's something simple I'd rather repair it myself.
    thanks
    Had the same issue in my 303. Behind the wall in the pass through you will find the ductwork from the furnace to the bedroom. Mine was only taped on and the tape had come loose. I used some self tapping screws and taped it. Problem solved
    Matt & Dana , Kasey the Australian Cattle Dog
    2018 303rls
    2012 Ram 2500 6.7 diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    The most common problem that I have read about is the ducts not being connected to the furnace properly. Hopefully the Reflection owners will pipe and tell you where the furnace is; in my Momentum the furnace is behind the faux walls in the front compartment and easily accessed by removing a few screws with a #2 Robertson screwdriver (square head).

Have your shop vac handy as you will probably encounter construction debris.

Have some metal HVAC tape handy to secure loose connections and to cover any air leaks.

Also a good time to put in a water leak detector.
    What is a water leak detector? Sounds like something I'd want but I've never heard of one.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1carguy View Post
    What is a water leak detector? Sounds like something I'd want but I've never heard of one.
    A water leak detector will sound an alarm when water is found to be present.

Something you want; maybe, maybe not. I don't have any, and I have had several water leaks. It just depends on how sensitive you are to such things. These water leak detectors are on Amazon, there are hundreds of options out there including ones that will connect to wifi and alert your phone.

I live in my RV, so finding a water leak won't take more than a few hours. Some folks leave their RV's for days at a time, they definitely need to know if there is a water leak. I just thought I would make you aware that there are such things and then you can decide whether or not you want/need them.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice. I'll remove the paneling in the basement storage and see if I can see anything. That's a lot easier than taking it back to the dealer.