User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water Leaking from Underbely after Black Tank Flush GD 297rsts

We are fairly new to owning a travel trailer and we have a 2023 GD 297rsts. This weekend we were packing up to go home from a trip and we flushed our black tank. Once we hooked the trailer to the truck and took the trailer off the leveling blocks we noticed clear water pouring out from underbelly of trailer, where the grey and black pull handle lines enter the underbelly. Does anyone know the cause of this water accumulation? Thanks in advance......

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You certainly need to figure this one out. Does your water pump come on for no apparent reason?
    2023 Reflection 297RSTS
    2020 F-250 Power Stroke

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, the water pump does not come on. The trailer came to us "new" with mislabeled pull levers (black was grey, grey was black, etc) and miscalibrated sensors on the tanks. We recently took it in to the dealer to get all that straightened out, and this was our first trip since that work was done. I'm wondering if they didn't screw something back in correctly or some sort of seal is broken. It is still under warranty, so guess we'll be taking it back to dealership.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One possibility is the vacuum breaker on the black tank flush has failed and allowed water to run inside the trailer. Did you happen to notice if there was a solid strong flow of water while the black tank flush was running? The vacuum breaker is usually plastic and is a known failure point, and not just on Grand Design trailers.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just traded for a 297RSTS. Picking it for a shake out camp on Tuesday.
    2023 Reflection 297RSTS
    2020 F-250 Power Stroke

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It could be from anywhere

I would try to duplicate the situation at home and see what you find

Dropping the covering underneath isn’t that hard and will likely show the issue

From most posts on here it could be months before your dealer looks at it. Maybe your dealer is different

Good luck
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm curious how the dealer calibrated the tank sensors. They are essentially probes that get installed in the tank by drilling a hole in the tank and then placing the sensor in each hole. If they relocated the sensors, they would have had to fill the hole with something, if not done properly or didn't cure enough before use, it could be a leak point. As far as I know, there is no calibration of the sensor unless it was incorrectly wired from the factory.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    One possibility is the vacuum breaker on the black tank flush has failed and allowed water to run inside the trailer. Did you happen to notice if there was a solid strong flow of water while the black tank flush was running? The vacuum breaker is usually plastic and is a known failure point, and not just on Grand Design trailers.
    This happened on my soon to be traded in Forest River Vibe. I noticed water the first time below the vanity sink. The second time it was dripping from the bottom. I replaced this with a 90 degree brass elbow.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I'm curious how the dealer calibrated the tank sensors. They are essentially probes that get installed in the tank by drilling a hole in the tank and then placing the sensor in each hole. If they relocated the sensors, they would have had to fill the hole with something, if not done properly or didn't cure enough before use, it could be a leak point. As far as I know, there is no calibration of the sensor unless it was incorrectly wired from the factory.
    My guess is it was the full sensor was in the 3/4 spot...or something like that.

To the OP, if the dealer was just working on the tanks, it would be very likely they caused the problem.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    LOL I was thinking the same thing. There is nothing to calibrate, unless they took a wand down the commode and sprayed all the paper off the walls of the black tank.
    GMC 2500 HD Gas
    GD Imagine XLS22 MLE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast