Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auto Levelers low when traveling

We're new Reflection 27RL owners and new to the forum so I hope I'm posting this in the right place. We have the Lippert 3.0 4-point auto leveling system and we were wondering if anyone has had trouble with the back levelers dragging going in or out of driveways at fuel stations, etc. since they're so close to the road when traveling. According to the dealer it can't be installed higher.

Phyllis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phyliis,
    I have the 303 which is just like your unit just a little longer. Yes, the rear levelers do seem low, and I have heard of a couple issues of the them dragging once or twice on here. It's usually a speed bump, curb, or something of that nature that gets them. 98% of the time it's usually a non issue. But that one time something pops up is when it could potentially become a problem. If yours are like mine were then there is one more set of holes they could be moved up raising them another inch. Not much, but it's an inch. The biggest issue is to be sure you can still get a 1/4in drive on top of the motor to be able to retract them in the event of a failure in that jack. When I raised mine I could still get in on there but it is a tight fit. They are close enough to the rear wheels that if your camper is nice and level while being towed that it will probably never be a problem. But, I didn't like it either and raised them. Look at them and see if there isn't another set of holes for them to be moved up to. It's not difficult, but does require loosening and tightening the bolts. So with that said your dealer may or not be right. Just depends on which set of mounting holes they are currently in.
    2015 Ram SRW 3500 4x4 Cummins
    B&W Patriot 16K
    2011 Crossroads Cruiser 29BHX (Traded)
    2017 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Scott & Jennifer
    Newnan GA

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are 3 more holes but it's already so tight on top a 1/4 in drive won't fit. Sure hope I don't ever have to manually retract the levelers.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are two ways to manually override the jacks. One way, as already mentioned, is on the top of the jack. There is also an access point on the bottom of the jack motor, which won't be affected by jack mounting position.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at manual here
    https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...et_Manual1.pdf

Page 16 shows using a 3/8 ratchet on the top OR page 17 shows using a 5/16 socket on the bottom by the motor
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's good to know there's a second access. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry all, I forgot about the bottom override.
    2015 Ram SRW 3500 4x4 Cummins
    B&W Patriot 16K
    2011 Crossroads Cruiser 29BHX (Traded)
    2017 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Scott & Jennifer
    Newnan GA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 28BH and I had concerns as well. Where I park my trailer I have to go over a curb and they just clear so it hasn't been an issue for me.

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're on our first trip and already had near misses with the rear levelers almost dragging and they weren't even in bad approaches. We took the pads off which gained us maybe an inch but are thinking about cutting the legs shorter and just using blocks if necessary when leveling. We're concerned about what damage will be caused to our unit if one or both of the rear levelers gets caught on a steep approach. Anyone ever tried that or have a thought on it? Does Grand Design have a fix for it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the 307- about 2 feet longer. The rear pads are about 6.5" above ground when fully retracted. We have traveled almost 8000 miles since we picked it up in May- Wisconsin to California to Florida. So far no dragging.
    Barb and Blair, retired and loving it
    2017 F250 Lariat Super Cab, Short bed, 4x4, diesel, Tow Technology Bundle, Pullrite 16K Autoslide
    2017 Reflection 307MKS, 3/17 Build
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast