Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bathroom heater vent

We have a 337RLS and we have had it 4 days, we noticed that the heater vent in the bathroom has very little to no heat flow, has anyone had that problem?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had my 337 at the dealer for a water leak out of the bathroom area into the basement. While they were working on that, they pulled the rear access panel in the basement. There they found another water leak, AND that a piece of ducting had dropped off the heat register. You might check that area. I think it is about 6-9 screws to remove the rear access panel. But if you are getting some flow of warm air, it sounds more like a blockage. I had my furnace running this morning, and had plenty of air flow in the bath and the bedroom.
    Ken & Wilma
    Central Maryland
    2014 Reflection 337RLS #439
    2011 F250 CC 4x4

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. We are actually taking it to the dealer tomorrow for a problem with our fresh water tank (doesn't hold the water, major leaking to the ground) and I am also having them look at the bathroom heater vent as well.

funinthesnow
    yes, we have a 293res and we have no heat coming out of our heater vent in the bathroom. We also had four air cond vents that did not work. they fixed that already, but the earliest they could get us in for all the rest of the issues is NOV!!! The list is growing every time we take it out. :-(

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We had the heater vent fall off our 337 last March. I reattached it with metalized duct tape and it's held perfectly since then. This has happened to multiple owners.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps GD can clarify this better- but here goes-we were told the vent in bathroom (it's behind our toilet) is not a heater vent exactly but a vent for the heat that is directed underneath FW to keep undercarriage heated. Because it is a sealed undercarriage it allows excess heat to be redirected back into bathroom. Anyway,you will feel a bit of heat from the vent but it isn't a heater vent like the other heater vents. We have a small circular vent, under bathroom shelves, that seems to act as a heater vent.
    "It's the journey that matters-not the destination."
    Ken & Suzi
    2013 2500HD Silvarado Duramax
    2015 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Knshook said holds true for my 337RLS. The real heat for the bath comes out of the circular vent at the bottom of the "linen closet" next to the shower. There is also another heater vent in the basement storage area.
    Ken & Wilma
    Central Maryland
    2014 Reflection 337RLS #439
    2011 F250 CC 4x4

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Knshook View Post
    Perhaps GD can clarify this better- but here goes-we were told the vent in bathroom (it's behind our toilet) is not a heater vent exactly but a vent for the heat that is directed underneath FW to keep undercarriage heated. Because it is a sealed undercarriage it allows excess heat to be redirected back into bathroom. Anyway,you will feel a bit of heat from the vent but it isn't a heater vent like the other heater vents. We have a small circular vent, under bathroom shelves, that seems to act as a heater vent.
    Glad I checked here. I was testing the furnace in our new 29rs and "burning off" the factory coatings. I noticed no heat coming out of the vent behind the toilet. I shined a flashlight down the grill and noticed pex water pipes, etc., and said "whoa, that looks like inside the basement." I thought maybe that was a vent for the heated basement. Glad it is now confirmed.

-jj

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, I was told the vent behind the toilet is actually for return air. The heater vent is under the linen closet.
    Don and Anita
    Oklahoma
    2015 RAM 2500 Cummins Diesel Laramie Edition
    2017 Reflection 337
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch/B&W Companion...depending on weight

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lawdes View Post
    Actually, I was told the vent behind the toilet is actually for return air. The heater vent is under the linen closet.
    This is correct. The grate behind the toilet is the furnace air return from the upper level. The main level furnace air return is under the hutch. There is no ducting for air return to the furnace. BTW, this means that there is no air filtering during furnace operation . . . a potential problem for those of us with dogs and cats . . . .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast