User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2800bh organization

Hi everyone! My husband and I just ordered the 2800bh. We aren’t new to camping or travel trailers, but we are new to Grand Design. My first impression is that there’s tons of storage space in our new trailer, but then I started thinking about where I’m going to put everything. We have 2 kids that are going to need a spot for their clothes. I was thinking the cupboard under the TV would make sense, but then what would we do for food storage? What does everyone else do? Also, I’m a little skeptical about rolling my towels and storing them in the bathroom shelving. It seems narrow. Does this work for everyone? I’m sure I’m over thinking everything and I just have to organize differently than we did in our old trailer. Any tips would be appreciated. Thank you!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try watching some of the “weekend wanders” on YouTube. They have a 2800BH and a couple kids.

2018 F-250 6.7L Leveled, 35’s.
    2019 Imagine 2500RL, 640w Solar, Lion UT1300s, 3000w Inverter
    CRE3000, Sumosprings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2800BH and the storage is crazy!!! We have a whole shelf on the bottom empty as well as the seats under the dinette empty! We use the two drawers in the center storage unit under the tv for the kids. The cabinets above the drawers are used for most of the food storage. We also store board games and other kid items up there as well for rainy days. The depth of cabinet can fit so much. We do store towels in the bathroom on the cubbies next to the shower. We fit so many in there. Just roll them up. The depth of those as well are arm deep. We end up using under the bunks and the master bed for dirty clothes. Honestly there is so much storage. We are in our 5th trip with it and we have empty spaces. Coming from our last trailer to this was a shock! Now eventually you will find something for every space! But for now enjoy it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrparne View Post
    We have a 2800BH and the storage is crazy!!! We have a whole shelf on the bottom empty as well as the seats under the dinette empty! We use the two drawers in the center storage unit under the tv for the kids. The cabinets above the drawers are used for most of the food storage. We also store board games and other kid items up there as well for rainy days. The depth of cabinet can fit so much. We do store towels in the bathroom on the cubbies next to the shower. We fit so many in there. Just roll them up. The depth of those as well are arm deep. We end up using under the bunks and the master bed for dirty clothes. Honestly there is so much storage. We are in our 5th trip with it and we have empty spaces. Coming from our last trailer to this was a shock! Now eventually you will find something for every space! But for now enjoy it!

This makes me feel so much better. I’m really happy to hear that the towel storage works out well. I think if I never owned a trailer before I wouldn’t be worried about where I’m going to put everything. In our previous camper everything had its place and those places are going to have to be different in the new camper. I would love to use the under the bunk storage for the dirty laundry. We used to keep a laundry bag in the tub and then shuffle it around as needed. I think we will end up with some drawers empty- there are so many! We don’t have a pet or have a need for wine storage, so those drawers will be repurposed! I actually couldn’t sleep last night because I was packing the camper in my mind! [emoji23]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip94ta View Post
    Try watching some of the “weekend wanders” on YouTube. They have a 2800BH and a couple kids.
    I think I found the family you were talking about! Their videos are very helpful and they opened all their storage spaces and showed inside in one. Now I have a long list of things I need to buy!