User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leaky Shower Club

Well, on our second trip in the new camper we joined the leaky shower club. It appears that the factory made a very poor attempt at trying to seal the bottom sill plate on the shower. I am not sure why anyone would think that putting a plate on the fiberglass with nothing more than a very small bead of caulk to hold it down and seal it should be OK, but I have news for you...........it don't work! So, just like I did on our last camper I will remove the shower door system and put some flathead screws in the bottom plate and seal it up properly. I hope someone from the factory starts checking the showers for leaks because it seems quite a few are starting to pop up.
    Jim and Cal
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    Ram 3500 5.9

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yikes!

Would you take pictures of the repair or what you saw that brought this to your attention?

Thanks!
    Dean
    Dean and Cindy
    2014 337 RLS
    Firestone Ride - Rite Airbags
    Ford F-250 6.7 Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another leaky shower! As far as I am concerned one water leak to many. Maybe I should just keep my current trailer!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to update this thread, I have solved my shower leak issue. On Friday night I caulked the shower sill on the inside with clear silicone. My wife took a shower Saturday morning and the shower still leaked. So I dug into the problem a little deeper and discovered that the extrusion that has the three slots where the doors are held in was not caulked on the ends. I looked closely with a magnifying glass and I could see the almond colored shower but no caulk. So Saturday I caulked the ends of the extrusion from the inside of the slots at the ends with the same silicone. Sunday morning we both took showers and no water was running on the floor. I took the shower head and aimed it at the sill and could still not get water to leak. Problem solved.
    Jim and Cal
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    Ram 3500 5.9

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by campinfool View Post
    Just to update this thread, I have solved my shower leak issue. On Friday night I caulked the shower sill on the inside with clear silicone. My wife took a shower Saturday morning and the shower still leaked. So I dug into the problem a little deeper and discovered that the extrusion that has the three slots where the doors are held in was not caulked on the ends. I looked closely with a magnifying glass and I could see the almond colored shower but no caulk. So Saturday I caulked the ends of the extrusion from the inside of the slots at the ends with the same silicone. Sunday morning we both took showers and no water was running on the floor. I took the shower head and aimed it at the sill and could still not get water to leak. Problem solved.
    NIce! Pictures?
    Dean and Cindy
    2014 337 RLS
    Firestone Ride - Rite Airbags
    Ford F-250 6.7 Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not much to show on the before, just water on the floor LOL, I will attempt to take some after photos tonight and post them.

Jim
    Jim and Cal
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    Ram 3500 5.9

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So why can't the factory caulk these areas real good instead of us having to deal with this. I'm not impressed with GD on this issue! I have been told by some GD owners these leaks are far and few in between. Still one to many with leaks. Sorry owners without the leaks! I guess the first thing I will have to do to mine when it comes in is thoroughly re-caulk the shower.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mr Lucky - I hope you realize that you have a totally different shower in the 303 that you ordered vs. the 337? These problems appear to be related to the 337 only as far as I've read.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are right. Thanks! I wish the 303 had the one piece shower like the 337! Just not enough room in the 303! That's ok I'll keep an eye on my shower!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 303 has had numerous showers and never leaked. Every other RV I had had to be fixed at one time or another so I imagine this one will eventually also. Our highways here are pretty rough. I like my 303.
    Floyd - Lake Tenkiller, OK (and occasionally Okla City)
    2014 Reflection 303RLS #9
    2020 Transend Xplor 221RB
    2016 F150 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/HDPP and MaxTow