User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a Suburban water heater, there is a little black switch on the front of the water heater that needs to be turned on. Remove the cover from outside the RV and you should see it. Atwood water heaters dont have that switch.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmer View Post
    Do you have a electrical tester with you by chance? I'm thinking you will want to test for current at the unit. That will at least rule in/out power as the problem.

If you don't have one I would ask a few neighbors. There are plenty of handymen out there that wouldn't leave home without one. After reading many troubleshooting posts on here I added one to my tool chest.
    My brother is coming into the campground today, I asked him to bring one. So I will have one in a few hours.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    If you have a Suburban water heater, there is a little black switch on the front of the water heater that needs to be turned on. Remove the cover from outside the RV and you should see it. Atwood water heaters dont have that switch.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    My has the Dometic water heater. I looked for a switch and couldn't find one.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NicNKat View Post
    Stove works, checked that first to make sure propane was on. Whats weird is that both gas and electric are not working on the heater.
    You don’t mention the WH model, but here is a 10 min video troubleshooting a Dometic Atwood GC6AA-10E which is what’s in our unit.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyJW...ture=emb_title
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before I replaced my control board, I read great reviews about this company:

http://dinosaurelectronics.com/UIB-64.html

They make after-market boards, which appear to be much better than the Chinese junk that Dometic uses (if you have a Dometic water heater). They are based in Lincoln City, Oregon and their products are American made.

When I called them, they answered the phone on the third ring, and there was a live person on the other end. When is the last time that happened? The fellow that answered the phone was also a qualified tech. He had me get out my meter and asked me to check the voltages between about 4-5 points on the board. With the readings that I gave him, he determined that it was a faulty board. I thanked him and let him know that I would be ordering one. I went to Amazon and the board was at my home in 2 days. A simple change-out and I’ve been back in business with no further issues.

When your brother gets there, I’d suggest calling Dino boards and have them walk you through the electric checks on the board. The phone number is on the website. That will be a simple way to either lay blame to the board or to rule it out. The board controls both the 120v electric and the spark and gas flow for the propane side.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    . I wonder if the electric and gas run on the same electricity 🤔. I don't hear the LP clicking to ignite either
    Somebody correct me if I'm wrong......

In gas mode 12v is used for the electronics and gas is used for the burner.

In electric mode 12v is still used for the electronics but 120v is used for the heating element.

So yes both modes use the same 12v electricity.

Can you even run it with both switches on at the same time or does that confuse the system? I've only run my with either gas or electricity but not both switches at the same time.
    Last edited by ckreef; 09-11-2020 at 06:46 AM.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ckreef View Post
    Can you even run it with both switches on at the same time or does that confuse the system? I've only run my with either gas or electricity but not both switches at the same time.
    Yes, you can run with both switches on. Many people do that to speed up the initial heating or to create more hot water during long showers.
    John & Cheryl
    Sold: 2017 Tiffin Allegro 31SA Motorhome
    Sold: 2017 Reflection 337RLS, dual pane windows, 2nd A/C, Go Power! Solar Elite w/2000 watt inverter, Titan electric/hydraulic brakes, Goodyear Endurance ST235/85 R16 tires
    Sold: 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, SRW, Duramax/Allison, 50 gallon Transfer Flow auxiliary tank
    States we have camped in with an RV:

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also on my Dometic there looks to be a fuse marked ~2~ on the outside board. I didn't try pulling it out but if that really is a fuse do you have one of those and is it blown.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ckreef View Post
    Also on my Dometic there looks to be a fuse marked ~2~ on the outside board. I didn't try pulling it out but if that really is a fuse do you have one of those and is it blown.
    I pulled it and it looks good.

I dont hear the gas going through and it doesn't click. Also I turned the breaker off then back on. I wonder if I defaulted it somehow by turning on gas and electric at same time.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pulled it and it looks good.

I dont hear the gas going through and it doesn't click. Also I turned the breaker off then back on. I wonder if I defaulted it somehow by turning on gas and electric at same time.
    I’m sure you probably already checked, but is the breaker tripped for the HWH in your converter?

Oops, I think you already answered that.
    Last edited by Tigger1; 09-11-2020 at 07:13 AM.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast