User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
    To each his own opinion. We can choose to see something positive or consistently see negative.

We attended this year’s Mid Atlantic GD Rally in October with about 300 other owners. There were some that had issues, some getting recalls fixed, but you wouldn’t know it. Lots of positive energy and a great time. Looking forward to next year as they intend to increase their numbers.
    All I can say is, the issues I've had with my GD 451M so far 🤞 have been the kind of stuff I've grown accustomed to as an RV owner. You know, tiny staples that hold some molding on coming out, never did like the plastic fender skirts (some now have aluminum), cheap tires etc. That being said, no one could ever convince to buy a Forest River product unless they had a gun to my head. RV's are mostly built the same way, but service is king, and since I've had my GD, they have been very responsive, whereas with FR you could call, write, yell, or put a prayer on a piece of paper under a rock in your back yard and all would yield the same result. So far I am very happy with GD, but only time will tell.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    So I read it as the general consensus is all manufacturers are making crap but Grand Design gets awards for being the least crappy? That is a high bar to achieve.
    We must have read a different article.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogrey View Post
    We must have read a different article.
    What? the general consensus as you stated in post #21 ?
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huh? My post says nothing about a general consensus.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogrey View Post
    Huh? My post says nothing about a general consensus.
    "All I can say is, the issues I've had have been the kind of stuff I've grown accustomed to as an RV owner. You know, tiny staples that hold some molding on coming out, never did like the plastic fender skirts (some now have aluminum), cheap tires etc.......RV's are mostly built the same way......"
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, have fun. It seems you are a very negative person who really likes to argue just for the sake of arguing. Have fun with that.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nt........nt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers View Post
    My wife and I have been extremely pleased with our Imagine 2400BH and would not hesitate to purchase another model from Grand Design if we ever decide to upgrade or change to a different floorplan. I've never considered myself a "fan boy" of any product but I won't hesitate to give atta-boys to any company that stands behind their product and builds/sells a product that does what it's supposed to do. Is "doing what it's supposed to do" a low bar? No, because I have high expectations and if the product or service meets those expectations the company deserves to hear that they've done a good job.

People working in companies like GD are no different than you and me; we want to get props for a job well done. We want to replicate the feeling that comes with getting a compliment - doesn't it make you want to do a better job?

In my opinion most people use forums like these to get information to fix problems and deal with issues - and that's great. But think about it; that usually means that what you're reading in most of the threads are the problems and bumps in the road that owners are dealing with, which makes it look like the trailer is a total piece of garbage and no one should ever buy another one - EVER!! And that's just plain silly. The vast majority of owners like what they bought as long as the people involved in the sales and service of the trailers fix the problems. If the manufacturer stands behind the product and makes it right then they've done their job.

Unfortunately, human nature being what it is, means that what we see are far more complaints than compliments - no different than any retail store or restaurant. Ask any general manager what the ratio of complaints to compliments is and you'll get something like 8 or 9 out of 10 customers that ask to speak to the manager want to complain. When was the last time YOU sought out the general manager or owner of an establishment to tell them how much you enjoyed their product or to compliment an employee? How many times in your career were you called to the boss' office to be COMMENDED for a job well done instead of being given a corrective interview? Maybe not as much as you should have, but that doesn't mean you can't compliment others who go above and beyond. My wife and I both believe EVERY American should work in a retail store and restaurant before moving on to their full career so we'd all know what it's like to deal with the public. If we all spent some time in those industries maybe we'd see the good more than we see the bad...

My takeaway from the RV Business award for GD is that Grand Design has chosen to keep striving to support their dealers and therefore their customers in a pandemic year when the VAST majority of RV manufacturers were just trying to slam product out the door. Was GD trying to keep up with demand too? Did they drop the ball a few times? No doubt - but it's what you do AFTER you make a mistake or fall below quality goals that counts. In a year unlike any we've ever experienced GD and their sister companies have done an admirable job of producing travel trailers that are generally better than the overall market and they've done so despite shortages in everything from AC units to slide toppers - to say nothing of raw materials like copper, aluminum, vinyl and lumber. Have you priced a sheet of 4X8 1/2" plywood recently...?

I've said my peace.

Bob
    Excellent. Thanks for chiming in as a voice of reason, with a level-headed perspective.

We LOVE our 2017 Imagine 2950RL, and we’re proud GD owners. We were total rookies when we ordered/purchased it in the fall of 2016, and we’ve had experiences that have far exceeded our expectations in learning about our TT specifically... the RV Life in general... and how very blessed we are in being owners of a GD product. Though others have faced various challenges and even disappointments with their rigs, we having nothing but great things to say about our ongoing GD journey.

We owe much thanks to so many of you on this forum that have educated us along the way, as we continue to learn and enjoy. Happy and safe travels to all... whenever you’re able to hit the road again.😎
    Cheesehead Travelers 🧀 2021 Solitude 390RK, 2021 RAM 3500 6.7 HO/Turbo Diesel
    Patty: Head Cheese
    Bobby: Cheese Whiz (USMC Veteran)
    Brooke (Yorkie): Cheez-it

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right On

Quote Originally Posted by Rovers View Post
    My wife and I have been extremely pleased with our Imagine 2400BH and would not hesitate to purchase another model from Grand Design if we ever decide to upgrade or change to a different floorplan. I've never considered myself a "fan boy" of any product but I won't hesitate to give atta-boys to any company that stands behind their product and builds/sells a product that does what it's supposed to do. Is "doing what it's supposed to do" a low bar? No, because I have high expectations and if the product or service meets those expectations the company deserves to hear that they've done a good job.

People working in companies like GD are no different than you and me; we want to get props for a job well done. We want to replicate the feeling that comes with getting a compliment - doesn't it make you want to do a better job?

In my opinion most people use forums like these to get information to fix problems and deal with issues - and that's great. But think about it; that usually means that what you're reading in most of the threads are the problems and bumps in the road that owners are dealing with, which makes it look like the trailer is a total piece of garbage and no one should ever buy another one - EVER!! And that's just plain silly. The vast majority of owners like what they bought as long as the people involved in the sales and service of the trailers fix the problems. If the manufacturer stands behind the product and makes it right then they've done their job.

Unfortunately, human nature being what it is, means that what we see are far more complaints than compliments - no different than any retail store or restaurant. Ask any general manager what the ratio of complaints to compliments is and you'll get something like 8 or 9 out of 10 customers that ask to speak to the manager want to complain. When was the last time YOU sought out the general manager or owner of an establishment to tell them how much you enjoyed their product or to compliment an employee? How many times in your career were you called to the boss' office to be COMMENDED for a job well done instead of being given a corrective interview? Maybe not as much as you should have, but that doesn't mean you can't compliment others who go above and beyond. My wife and I both believe EVERY American should work in a retail store and restaurant before moving on to their full career so we'd all know what it's like to deal with the public. If we all spent some time in those industries maybe we'd see the good more than we see the bad...

My takeaway from the RV Business award for GD is that Grand Design has chosen to keep striving to support their dealers and therefore their customers in a pandemic year when the VAST majority of RV manufacturers were just trying to slam product out the door. Was GD trying to keep up with demand too? Did they drop the ball a few times? No doubt - but it's what you do AFTER you make a mistake or fall below quality goals that counts. In a year unlike any we've ever experienced GD and their sister companies have done an admirable job of producing travel trailers that are generally better than the overall market and they've done so despite shortages in everything from AC units to slide toppers - to say nothing of raw materials like copper, aluminum, vinyl and lumber. Have you priced a sheet of 4X8 1/2" plywood recently...?

I've said my peace.

Bob
    Thanks for this Rovers. Add me as another satisfied customer. A compliment to a company that tries to please the consumer.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Rovers I won't try to quote that long post and take up space but I heartily agree with you and say that was very well said!
    X2 @Rovers - extremely well stated.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast