User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maldds View Post
    I asked the dealer to send me pictures of the leveling system to verify what he told me. I also contacted Lippert to see what their take is on this. I'm waiting for them to get back to me. Hopefully the invoice on the website is incorrect and it does have the six point.
    Thanks for your help and interest.
    Mark
    Yes, the pictures make it hard to see if any rear jacks (behind the tires.) The MSRP link attached does state 4 point and matches the VIN as well. keep us posted.

And yes, @Pat and Karen - they are electric.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The leveling system is likely the Lippert Ground Control system. What is puzzling is the appearance of the front jacks, they don't look like the Lippert electric leveling jacks currently used.
    Last edited by zinman; 02-16-2021 at 09:57 PM. Reason: bad spelling
    2020 Solitude 372WB
    2017 F350 Superduty 4x4, Heavy Duty Tow Package
    2900 Superglide Hitch, MORryde Rubber Pinbox
    Zinny, Golden Retriever (rescue)
    Belle, Golden Retriever (rescue)

"Life With a Dog is a Gift"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve had both systems. Looks to me like electric leveling. Front jack legs are adjustable with spring loaded pins. I think they have them extended quite a bit. That’s why the pin is so high. Hydraulic system the legs are not adjustable.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would find another unit, 6 point is better for almost 40 feet and the upgrade to H rated 17.5 tires is a great change.
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That unit that is linked has the 6 point. You can see the mid ship stabilizers. I'm positive it will have the levelers behind the axles as well.

I've never seen a 3540 with 4 point leveling. It is most definite electric, as all S Class have.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    That unit that is linked has the 6 point. You can see the mid ship stabilizers. I'm positive it will have the levelers behind the axles as well.

I've never seen a 3540 with 4 point leveling. It is most definite electric, as all S Class have.
    Steve - the MSRP states 4 point as well.

Dan
    Dan & Carol

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    Yes, the pictures make it hard to see if any rear jacks (behind the tires.) The MSRP link attached does state 4 point and matches the VIN as well. keep us posted.

And yes, @Pat and Karen - they are electric.

Dan
    So, mystery solved. The dealer sent me pictures and the unit does have the 6 point system. Invoice is incorrect. That makes me feel better. I may have to jump on this one if the numbers work out.
    Thank you all for all your input.
    I have a different brand of fifth wheel now and am a member of that brand's owners forum. I don't get the help there that I've gotten here.
    Kim and Mark Lewis
    Lizzy the cat
    2021 Solitude S-class 3540GK-R

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, mystery solved. The dealer sent me pictures and the unit does have the 6 point system. Invoice is incorrect. That makes me feel better. I may have to jump on this one if the numbers work out.
    I have a different brand of fifth wheel now and am a member of that brand's owners forum. I don't get the help there that I've gotten here.
    Kim, Mark, and Lizzy the cat - great to hear !

Yes, this forum has always been more a family forum where folks truly want to help and learn in a caring, respectful, and kind way. Hope it all works out for you ! Keep us posted.

Will be interesting to learn more on the invoice/MSRP error.....if you do, please share that.

Thanks, again, for the update confirming what we thought s/b the case.

Dan
    Dan & Carol

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at the invoice pdf, it looks fabricated from the 2930RL MSRP list.

The 2930 is the only one with the 4 point leveling system.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What current brand do you have now? We had an Open Range (from 2010) 399BHS - 40' long with Lippert's first iteration of 4 point (non auto-leveling) landing gear. It worked fine for that camper (was only 10800 dry weight even with 5 slides) - I learned how to manually level 4 point systems - also used it to do maintenance - repack wheel bearings, etc. and eventually wore out the front landing legs - they were very easy to replace and not too expensive.

The ease of servicing the electric systems versus hydraulic systems steered me towards the S-Class series. Love the speed of hydraulic - yes it is a great system, but if it fails it generally requires more effort to repair it, and may leave the system(s) unusable. Having the electric slides (each is independent) and electric landing gear (if a jack fails it is easy to replace it or temporarily remove it and work around it).
    Last edited by openrangeowners; 02-17-2021 at 12:32 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast