User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GOOD BUY? Lithium 12.8V 200ah Battery BMS $899.

I can't afford a Battleborn battery or others of the same dollars but this one really caught my eye.
    Now I know it's not the best but for someone just starting out this would go a long way with my limited budget $$ in getting started with a Lithium battery setup.
    Can you give me your opinion on buying this 12.8V 200ah Battery BMS LifePO4 Deep Cycle Solar LED Display Marine Solar RV for $899.

Here is some basic information:
    * 12V 200Ah Lithium Battery pack is made of 2parallel 4 pcs of 200000mAh Lithium Cells
    * Rated Voltage:12.8V
    * Rated Capacity (0.2C): 200Ah / 2560Wh
    * Maximum Continuous Discharge Current: 100A
    * Max. discharging current: 200Amp(Duration: less than 5 seconds)
    * Maximum Charging Current:100A
    * Over Charging Protection Voltage: 14.6V
    * Cycle Life: 2000 cycles 100% DOD,Depth of Discharge (DoD),up to 5000 cycles at 80% DoD
    * Charging time: Approximately 6 hours
    * Operating temperatures: Charge 0°C~50°C,
    * Discharge -20°C~60°C, Storage -20°C~50°C
    * Impedance: ≤ 15mΩ
    * Cut-off voltage: 10V
    * Depth of Discharge (DoD): 100%
    * Output: 14.4 - 14.6V; Input:110v/AC/50HZ
    * Standard charge current: 20A
    * Max continuous charge current: 50A

Here is the web link to the battery:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lithium-12V....c101195.m1851

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never heard of BtrPower. I looked at their website and it's apparent somebody threw it together quickly (lots of typos). One year warranty is the lowest I've heard of (others have 10 years to life). I personally wouldn't buy a LiFePO4 battery unless somebody had done a tear down review and tested it. I'd want to see the quality of the wires/lugs/cells/BMS/case, etc. I'd also want to see a capacity test and also confirm it has high/low temp cutoffs.

If I couldn't afford Battleborn, I'd consider something like the Lion Energy UT1300 which are on sale right now at Costco for $1,399 for two.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRe9TWEEoI0
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you like the Dual Case (2 in one case) or 2 separate batteries for RV use?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
    Do you like the Dual Case (2 in one case) or 2 separate batteries for RV use?
    I prefer fewer connections between batteries for RV use. But that's just me. I'm moving from two Lion Energy UT1300's to two of the new 270ah Battleborn GC3 batteries. The downside of going with a single, larger battery is if it fails, you're SOL.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you have any problems with vibrations on your RV with the Lion batteries? The video said that vibration can cause problems for the Lion battery.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you have any problems with vibrations on your RV with the Lion batteries?
    No, but I've never liked the post design. You can tighten the lugs but when I do it, I cringe wondering if the nut in the case will strip out. So they are snug but not really as tight as I'd like. That's one thing I really like about the BB batteries. The posts are designed such that you can crank down the lugs with zero chance of damaging the battery.

Will's concern with vibration in the Lion Energy battery holds true across all the cheaper brands. The construction just isn't the same as higher quality batteries. He has done several battery tear downs where he cuts open the case and dismantles and tests everything. The build quality and components (wiring, lugs, crimps, etc) used in some of the cheap batteries is scary.
    Brian & Kellie

Previous setups:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I'm sooooo new at this. I'm really looking for a entry level on this whole thing.
    If its not too much to ask could you give me a $$ breakout on what a inexpensive dual lithium batteries, inverter/charger and monitor would cost?
    Then in a 5 years I would update the system for more serious dry camping. As it is now me and the wife will only be dry camping a 1-3 days max.
    Thanks on behalf of all us Newbies.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I'm sooooo new at this....If its not too much to ask could you give me a $$ breakout on what a inexpensive dual lithium batteries, inverter/charger and monitor would cost?
    Just so you know - I'm new at this myself so take EVERYTHING I say with a grain of salt.

You can actually build your own LiFePO4 batteries pretty cheap. It's not difficult to do and if I had very little money, that's what I'd do. Failing that, I'd pick up two of the Lion Energy UT1300's at Costco right now for $1,399.

Most people here who switch to lithium batteries replace their stock converter/charger with a Progressive Dynamics PD9160ALV for $218. You could probably get a non-name model for $150 (just guessing).

As for the inverter - it depends on what you're trying to run from the inverter. My Solitude 310GK-R came from the factory with a 2,000w inverter as part of the solar package. It's enough to run the residential fridge, lights, modem/router/TV/sound bar and other light loads. If you want to add hair dryers and other high loads to that list, you'll need a 3,000w model (or more). My factory 2,000w inverter (Magnum Dimensions CSW2012) sells for $690. You could probably get a 1,000w cheap model for half that.

The go-to battery monitor is the Victron BMV-712 ($207). As always, there are cheap alternatives ($30)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6O76Okmt08
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tObHbsSDWeQ

Will Prowse has several really good videos on batteries, inverters, monitors, charge controllers, etc.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/WillProwse/videos
    Brian & Kellie

Previous setups:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Pal.
    Your information has been extremely helpful.
    But since I am not electrically handy (too say the least) I'll be looking for someone to install all this stuff.
    Oh and by the way we are only looking to run our lights and TV with the Lithium on our hitch but I'm thinking of having it moved to our front pass-thru bay storage area.
    Plus we have a 300 watt Bluetti personal lithium battery generator we will use for other stuff. Thanks again!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I own three of these...currently on Amazon for $799 (I paid $849 about three months back). No problems so far and they rated pretty well in a y0utube teardown...Will Prowse. You just can't allow them to get too cold...low temp shutoff did not work at the time of the review.

https://www.amazon.com/Lithium-Appli...s%2C264&sr=8-3
    GoodOz

2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2018 F250 6.7 w/2219 available payload

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast