User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No 110 power 3150BH

I plugged into a 30 amp outlet that I probably shouldn’t have. Ever since doing so, I don’t have any 110 power to my unit. My cord is good. I can run off my battery, but I don’t get anything on the 110 system. I checked all of my breakers, and none of them are tripped. They never did trip but I obviously have a disconnect somewhere. GFI is reset. Any ideas?
    Last edited by handlepuller; 05-24-2021 at 07:42 PM.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assuming you plugged into a mis-wired 30A plug that was wired with 240V, everything 110V in your trailer is probably gone.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yikes. I’ll find out after I bring it in on 6/4. The refrig still works on propane fir what that’s worth.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When the fridge is running on propane, it uses 12VDC. It has nothing to do with AC power.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    Assuming you plugged into a mis-wired 30A plug that was wired with 240V, everything 110V in your trailer is probably gone.
    If accidentally plugged into 30 amp 240v, where 120v phase was applied to the neutral line, I would think that any unused receptacles should survive and be live if now plugged into 120v The appliances (fridge, AC, converter, water heater etc) would likely be damaged but receptacles shouldn’t be damaged. I would love to be there and 5 minutes with a VOM I could diagnose the fault.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other than checking the appropriate breaker/fuse, there is no way to diagnose an AC or DC problem in a trailer without a VOM. There are lots of questions regarding power problems on this forum, and I sympathize with new trailer owners on these issues. If I had one piece of maintenance advice to give these new owners it would be buy a VOM and learn the very basics of how to use it.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by handlepuller View Post
    I plugged into a 30 amp outlet that I probably shouldn’t have. Ever since doing so, I don’t have any 110 power to my unit. My cord is good. I can run off my battery, but I don’t get anything on the 110 system. I checked all of my breakers, and none of them are tripped. They never did trip but I obviously have a disconnect somewhere. GFI is reset. Any ideas?
    Have you actually reset all the breakers? They can look good but be tripped. Turn each fully off and then to on to reset them properly. The other place to check is the power plug on the side of the trailer. Remove the 4 outside screws and carefully pull it of the side. Check the wiring there. There have been posts on lose connections being found there.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where was this so-called 30-amp outlet? Was it in an RV park or in your washroom or garage? That could tell us something.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Have you actually reset all the breakers? They can look good but be tripped. Turn each fully off and then to on to reset them properly. The other place to check is the power plug on the side of the trailer. Remove the 4 outside screws and carefully pull it of the side. Check the wiring there. There have been posts on lose connections being found there.
    I did all those things. The wiring behind the plug was tight and looked fine. Breakers were all reset.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Where was this so-called 30-amp outlet? Was it in an RV park or in your washroom or garage? That could tell us something.

Rob
    It was in a relative’s garage.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast