User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who and Where are the Dealers with Quality / Professional Sales & Service??

Wow, decided on a new Grand Design Imagine trailer, impressed with the company and its designs.

Now the big “however” and that is discovering local dealers to be lacking in both sales and service professionalism. In fact, I have put off my purchase being disgusted with how I feel like I am on a sleezy used car lot. I feel like I need a shower after visiting two dealers.

No need to go into the particulars but in keeping with a positive tone, I would like to see some reviews of dealers who you felt treated you professionally, sales who looked out for their customers needs before and after the sale and backed by a competent service department.

It seems the RV industry is old school high pressure sales for the most part, backed by inadequate service departments that take months to get an appointment.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tennessee RV in Knoxville. Fantastic sales and service based upon my experience.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too found Tennessee RV in Knoxville to be great. We also hear nice things about the dealer in Paducah and the dealer in Chatsworth, GA--just south of Chattanooga. We don't hear nice things about Nashville or Huntsville GD dealers' service or pricing.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Are you personally looking for recommendations, or is this intended to build a thread about recommended dealers for anyone to refer to? If primarily just for you, you might want to give us some more specifics - state and/or city you are in, and how far you would want to travel for sales and service.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought my Momentum from Tarpley's RV in Durango, CO. I was treated with friendly professionalism from the very first. We did have difference's of opinion, but I was never disrespected during this. I made a mistake on the year of our trade in, they could have made a huge deal out of this but did not, they showed me the difference in "book" value and asked that I pay that, I did, it was my mistake.

They bent over backwards for us during the PDI. We are full timers, that meant we had to "move" at their dealership. What I thought would take a day took 3. They tolerated this, it is against there policy to allow customers to stay on their property at night. Liability issues. During this time when we would find a minor problem the service manager would have a tech over to us within minutes. Some of the items where foolish (generator ran out of gas) most not really significant, but fixed without any hassle or complaint.

Then we left and began our travels. I developed a list of warranty work that could be done, and we blew a tire tearing up some siding. Before our first year of warranty was up I scheduled an appointment with the service department, I made the appointment 2 months in advance. During the 2 months we emailed back and forth on the specifics of the repair, worked with insurance company and generally did everything we could do to make the repairs quick and successful. The plan worked. They respected our full time status. Food was in the refrigerator and the RV was not winterized. They kept the power on and the propane tanks filled during the week we were away.

On my repair list (things that were not warranty items) was the skid brackets, I had scraped them enough that the lower V portion looked like it could be scraped apart with just a couple of more scrapes. I asked them to weld a reinforcement on it. When I picked it up they had mounted rollers instead of doing what I asked them to do. That annoyed me a little, but before I opened my mouth to complain I thought it out. The rollers really are a better idea. So I grumbled to myself about the extra cost, paid the bill and 4 months later have decided they did right by me.

There is conflict and confrontation during a purchase of this magnitude and the subsequent warranty repairs. I think my experience has been about average, some bad, mostly good. But at no time was I ever lied to, mis-led, nor disrespected. Their prices were not rock bottom cheapest you can find, I passed up a couple dealerships that asked 1500-2000 less because their reviews had a lot of complaints.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are 5 pages of recommendation on this earlier thread https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...edge?highlight

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Assuming this is going to be more for future reference, I'll add:

Pleasureland RV, in St. Cloud, MN - our salesman was young and eager. No high pressure, and straightforward about questions. Actually advised that we should NOT buy a particular costlier trailer until we had a relook at what our truck could actually handle! After the order, he was poor on returning phone calls, and follow up on promised information. Contact with the company owner via email rectified the situation very quickly, by multiple members of the management team. Service is by appointment, and all work has been done "while you wait". They always have the needed parts in prior to starting work. Appointments during the high season can be very far out, but they will try to work with you, depending on the seriousness/time pressure of the situation. Once they did not do a repair correctly, and were very fast to resolve the problem, and added in compensatory additional services to make up for the inconvenience.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had very good luck with Orangewood RV in Surprise AZ (Phoenix). We already knew what we wanted so the buying process only took a couple of hours just checking on things. Their PDI was great and they really worked with us being full timers letting us stay on their lot.
    They found a bad radio and had to order it so we set up an appointment for 30 days hence. At that appointment they changed out the radio. I don't recall anything else needed to be done. They did everything in the time frame they said they would and we couldn't be more pleased.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had exceptional service from Dixie RV in Hammond, LA and Breaux Bridge, LA. My salesman, Brian Wills, was the extremely professional and absolutely no high pressure. We went in with the full intention of purchasing a 376, but after listening carefully to our needs (specifically cargo), he suggested we just look at the 395. He also understood I was going through a total loss insurance claim on my previous fiver and held the 395 for me a couple weeks longer than I initially requested due to my insurance company taking more time than we initially thought. While my experience with the service department has been limited, I have had phone calls promptly returned and even had techs help to troubleshoot a couple issues over the phone. I have ordered several parts and a counter extension mine didn't come with from John Hughes(now in Breaux Bridge parts department) and have received the utmost professional service. I've been in the car business for the last 20 years in an IT capacity, and highly value communication. These folks are on point.
    John and Denise; Houma, LA
    2017 Momentum 395M
    2016 Chevrolet K3500 DRW Diesel

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think another thing @chris had mentioned is there will be the addition of "Review" sections for this type of topic, which will come in quite handy.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast