User Tag List

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Multimeter... Not Really

I was on Amazon looking for something and came across this meter.

I have an older Power Probe 3. And I love it! It has saved me and others a bunch of time and trouble when investigating 12v circuits in automobiles and in RVs. Every time I pull it out to use folks want to know about it. It is just so handy! And it distinguishes dead shorts from open circuits and grounds. Sooooo many times people think they have a good ground or know what is a negative source only to be fooled by the way they use their multimeter to measure resistance and 12v - and so many times they are wrong.

Anyways.... I just drool when I think about these test tools.

This is the newer Power Probe 4, but for now I am really happy with my old model 3.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I was on Amazon looking for something and came across this meter.

I have an older Power Probe 3. And I love it! It has saved me and others a bunch of time and trouble when investigating 12v circuits in automobiles and in RVs. Every time I pull it out to use folks want to know about it. It is just so handy! And it distinguishes dead shorts from open circuits and grounds. Sooooo many times people think they have a good ground or know what is a negative source only to be fooled by the way they use their multimeter to measure resistance and 12v - and so many times they are wrong.

Anyways.... I just drool when I think about these test tools.

This is the newer Power Probe 4, but for now I am really happy with my old model 3.
    I have excellent multimeter and clamp meters and still bought one of these for, as Larry points out, situations that the more-common instruments can't do as easily. I almost HOPE for electrical problems now!
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    I have excellent multimeter and clamp meters and still bought one of these for, as Larry points out, situations that the more-common instruments can't do as easily. I almost HOPE for electrical problems now!
    I spent 40+ years as an Electrician, and I have to say......I almost NEVER HOPE for electrical problems!!!
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"