User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Real world experience with USAA?

I currently have my trailer insured with USAA. When I asked what I thought would be all the right questions the rep gave answers that satisfied me. However I'm wondering if anyone has any real world experience with USAA trailer roadside assistance and/or damage coverage.
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2020 F150 XLT V6 EcoBoost SuperCrew 4x4 w/Max trailer towing package

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryS1964 View Post
    I currently have my trailer insured with USAA. When I asked what I thought would be all the right questions the rep gave answers that satisfied me. However I'm wondering if anyone has any real world experience with USAA trailer roadside assistance and/or damage coverage.
    I've been with them 41 years now. In all that time I've only had 2 minor claims on my auto policy and they paid like a slot machine. I don't have their roadside assistance but I am confident that if you ever have a claim you'll be satisfied with them.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have also been with USAA for more than 40 years and they are a great company, but you need to be aware that they do not do RV insurance. They sub that out to Progessive insurance. You get a discount that progressive gives to all USAA members. I am not saying that Progressive is not a good company, I believe it actually shows that progressive is pretty good since USAA is willing to sub contract to them.
    Retired business owner
    2021 Solitude S-class 2930rl
    W/D, upgrade rubber pin box, Cotton interior, toppers
    2020 Ram Diesel 3500 Dually 8’ Max Tow pkg.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    I've been with them 41 years now. In all that time I've only had 2 minor claims on my auto policy and they paid like a slot machine. I don't have their roadside assistance but I am confident that if you ever have a claim you'll be satisfied with them.
    I've been with them for over 50 years and always had good service. But I'm wondering specifically about how they handle RV problems. I'm tempted to go with a RV specific company that will make sure my RV gets home if I'm incapacitated or we get home if the RV will be several weeks in a repair shop. RV specific companies offer this but I don't think USAA does so I was hoping to hear from someone who had actual experience with how USAA handles problems with the RV and what other services they might provide like getting us back home in the event of an accident or getting the RV back home if I can't.
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwestall View Post
    I have also been with USAA for more than 40 years and they are a great company, but you need to be aware that they do not do RV insurance. They sub that out to Progessive insurance. You get a discount that progressive gives to all USAA members. I am not saying that Progressive is not a good company, I believe it actually shows that progressive is pretty good since USAA is willing to sub contract to them.
    I noticed that when I added my trailer to my policy. Sort of forgot about but now it makes me want even more to take a serious look at RV specific companies.
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been with them for 38 years. No issues. We have used roadside assistance in the past for car/truck.

USAA does insure TT and 5th wheels.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had USAA on a TT when someone broke into it. The claims process was easy and they paid without issue. I was also involved in a hit and run on a vehicle and they were pleasant to work with. I currently have GEICO on my camper and vehicles, better rates, but I still use USAA for my banking needs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had USAA since I started driving. Home and auto. Had 3 RVs insured with Progressive through them. The first one, an Airstream, was totaled by hail less than 6 months after we got. Claim was settled quickly without question. I’ve also had motorcycle insurance through them. I don’t think you can find better. At least I haven’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Chris & Marilyn
    2021 Solitude 345GK
    2020 RAM 3500 Laramie 6.7L HO Cummings 8' Bed

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got aquote in on auto insurance. They farm it out to Progressive. Our current Progressive policy was less cost than the USAA quote. They did give agood homeowners quote though
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had USAA for nearly 40 years. For the most part they are a top notch insurance company however I did have an issue with a claim on my Toyota Tundra but they eventually came through. Their motorcycle and trailer insurance is actually through Progressive. I found it cheaper to go directly through Progressive and have had nothing but excellent service with them.
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 340RDS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW Limited

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast