6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any thoughts on the price i posted?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had 6-volt batteries in my boat last 8 years before they had to be replaced.
    The draw back with 6-volt batteries is their weight. They will weigh close to 65 pounds EACH that's just more tongue weight, a lot of tongue weight.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    2020 Imagine 2450RL
    Wasaga Beach Ontario Canada
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 Trailer Tow Package
    Eaz-Lift Elite WD Hitch 14,000lb capacity 1,200lb bars

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not a gd owner yet but i do have experience with travel trailers. The biggest improvement to our rig was the two 6volt golf cart batteries (wired to make a 12 volt system) and replacing all the light bulbs with led's. Before that i was lucky to make 1 night and a day before running the generator all day to recharge the battery. Now, 4 days and 4 nights, easy !!!! Be sure your converter is in proper working order

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

I’ve owned Keystone, Jayco, and now Grand Design. Bottom line, I won’t own a Keystone again. GD is definitely a better quality unit and a better thought out design regardless of what unit you buy.

Two batteries are always better than one. They can be used in parallel or individually if needed for a specific application.

Cheers!
    Last edited by basingers4; 09-28-2019 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Thought of something else to say.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We live in Oregon and had a 2016 Keystone Impact Fuzion 312. Yes, it had delamination issues to the tune of $6240 just to get the sidewall bubble out (all paid for by us, it was out of the 1 year warranty). We now have a 2020 Grand Design Reflection and LOVE it! I feel its manufactured better quality vs. our Keystone and certainly much more upgraded options. GD is also known for having much better customer service for repairs and warranty work etc. Never had a Cougar though so can't really compare models.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitsman3 View Post
    So the dealer finally got the XLS 22RBE in today so the wife and I went and looked at it. Brought a buddy along who has had a trailer for years now to get his opinion on the pros and cons since this will be our first. Wife and I both agree this is the one we’ll be getting. Knew we weren’t going to purchase today but wanted to confirm what we are going to get and get a ballpark price. Dealer gives us a quote for $29,400. “MAP” subtotal according to the Grand Design paperwork in the trailer is $29,189. MSRP including freight is $32,694. Now dealer tells us they don't charge freight but still quotes a price higher than “MAP”. I did’t counter as we weren’t buying today but what would be a reasonable price to come back at for those of you that have bought new? I’ve read anywhere from 10%-30%, I understand he has to make $ but I want to save $!
    I just looked on RV Trader and two places had that model for $24,500 without dickering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike & Debbie
    Hot Springs, Ar
    2014 Ram 2500 4x4 Short Bed Diesel
    B&W Companion 5th Wheel Hitch
    2014 Reflection 303 (#405)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two batteries

We bought a Grand Design 2500 rl and looked at maybe 100 different makes and models over a 6 month period in our search for a camper. Lots of manufacturers are using residential refrigerators that do not work off of gas. One of the dealers told us the extra battery was to run a 110 volt inverter for the fridge when boondocking and would be enough juice to power the fridge for three or four days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitsman3 View Post
    Wife & I are looking at getting our first TT. Have it narrowed down to a Keystone Cougar 22RBSWE & a Grand Design XLS 22RBE. Of course depending on which dealer your at, the one they sell is so much better quality! Would like to hear your thoughts and opinions as opposed to someone who is trying to make $ off of us. Pros & Cons? Grand Design dealer told us the Cougars are known for Delam, not sure to believe him or not? We live in Washington state & are looking thru Tacoma Rv & Clear Creek Rv.
    Clear Creek used to carry Keystone (I live about 8 miles away). Now they carry Grand Design. My sister and her husband have a Cougar. We have a Grand Design. In our own instance, the GD is a much better unit.

Paul Evert's in Tacoma also carries Grand Design. They have several relatively close stores so you may find something on one of the lots.
    Last edited by SF-SGM; 09-28-2019 at 06:44 PM.
    Retired SF Sergeant Major
    Retired Sheriff's detective

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grand Design XLS 22RBE

Quote Originally Posted by SF-SGM View Post
    Clear Creek used to carry Keystone (I live about 8 miles away). Now they carry Grand Design. My sister and her husband have a Cougar. We have a Grand Design. In our own instance, the GD is a much better unit.

Paul Evert's in Tacoma also carries Grand Design. They have several relatively close stores so you may find something on one of the lots.
    We have this unit and are very pleased - tell the dealer you want two 6V batteries.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SF-SGM View Post

Did you buy from Clear Creek? I’m going to get a price from Paul Evert’s which I think they are RV Country now. Got one from BYoung’s in Portland and they were $3000 less!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast