User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extended Service plan question

I decided not to get ESP when I purchased my TT 2 months ago. The only option was coach net. I recently received a really good quote from Good Sam ESP. Around $300 a year for 6 years[$2200 total] with $200 deductible

My question is, how many repairs have you had done at a dealer or yourself where you had to buy expensive parts in 6 years? As per my math, assuming ESP will only cover 50% of the total cost I will have to have atleast 10 repairs done at a rate of $600 per repair in 6 years for it to be profitable. I did not consider the peace of mind and things like that. Is it normal to spend $1000 a year in repairs that are not due to a mishap or maintenance?
    2020 Imagine 2600RB
    2020 Ram 1500 Limited Hemi V8 Etrq

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matdetroit View Post
    I decided not to get ESP when I purchased my TT 2 months ago. The only option was coach net. I recently received a really good quote from Good Sam ESP. Around $300 a year for 6 years[$2200 total] with $200 deductible

My question is, how many repairs have you had done at a dealer or yourself where you had to buy expensive parts in 6 years? As per my math, assuming ESP will only cover 50% of the total cost I will have to have atleast 10 repairs done at a rate of $600 per repair in 6 years for it to be profitable. I did not consider the peace of mind and things like that. Is it normal to spend $1000 a year in repairs that are not due to a mishap or maintenance?
    I am also interested in responses to this question

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a 2017 Solitude 375RES in April (sold to us as 2018). I bought a 6 year transferrable($50 transfer fee) EW. $100 deductible. I paid $3400.

I have had to replace the living area AC and the Microwave/Conv Oven. You're talking over $2300 in costs. I've paid $280 out of pocket. Tell me why you wouldn't buy an EW.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelab View Post
    That was my post right after the purchase. At the time I was dealing with Coachnet with I think 4 years for almost $3800. This new quote changed my mind a little bit.
    2020 Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We bought a Route 66 policy right before our first year was up and paid $2200. We’ve used it for axle repairs and the like. They are good for AC, frig, and other such unknowns. We’ve got back about 2/3rds the cost in 5 years, but I do most all of my repairs. Most Family Motor Coach use Wholesale Warranties https://wholesalewarranties.com/.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike & Debbie
    Hot Springs, Ar
    2014 Ram 2500 4x4 Short Bed Diesel
    B&W Companion 5th Wheel Hitch
    2014 Reflection 303 (#405)

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all, Good Sam has a pretty bad reputation over time on a number of forums.

We purchased an ESP (Route 66, $100 deductible) with the trailer and have used it once. That was to replace the cooling unit on the Norcold 1210 frig - a $1,400 job on a $2,000+ policy in a little over four years. Like most insurance, the company is betting that you'll cost them less in claims than you pay them in premiums. I'm undecided at this point on whether or not to get a plan with the new Solitude in March (wife wants to).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was within 2 years? Is this Good sam? The quote I have is not an extended warranty. They say it is Extended service plan. It is more like an insurance regulated by insurance laws. The majority of the reviews say, they try their best to not cover anything.
    2020 Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was within 2 years? Is this Good sam? The quote I have is not an extended warranty. They say it is Extended service plan. It is more like an insurance regulated by insurance laws. The majority of the reviews say, they try their best to not cover anything.
    If you use the "Reply With Quote" rather than just "Reply," we'll know of whom you are asking the question.

In the industry, there is no such thing as an extended warranty - they are all insurance plans from third parties.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    If you use the "Reply With Quote" rather than just "Reply," we'll know of whom you are asking the question.

In the industry, there is no such thing as an extended warranty - they are all insurance plans from third parties.

Rob
    Ok that makes sense. So everything is regulated by the same rules.
    Coach net
    Good Sam
    Route 66
    Wholesale warranties
    So Its all about the total cost and number of years if the coverage is the same. Which comes back to, it is profitable if its around $1000 a year in warranty repairs.
    2020 Imagine 2600RB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast