User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Jim was just trying to get the most recent up to date news so he was fb surfing.

I came here first.....I just joined fb three years ago. However, I do belong to the Momentum Owners group, Grand Design Owners-Items For Sale group, Grand Design group, Grand Design Full Timers group and Grand Design Big Rig Parking group and I'm an administrator on the 376TH / 374TH Momentum / Solitude Grand Design RV Owners group.

My observation, while certainly not scientific by any means, is that this forum offers a lot more "experienced" RVers and therefore, more reliable solutions to issues and problems. This forum is more "been there and done that". FB is more flighty.....want the short, quick answer without having to use the search feature, etc. although the answers I see often aren't very reliable.

I have referred Momentum 376TH owners here to the fb group and I've posted on all of the fb groups that I belong to about this forum. I've also had conversations with people.....even in my age group (68), that just aren't interested in forums (RV or motorcycles). I find that kind of surprising when I do run in to those people. I was way late comeing to the fb for anything and so I'm surprised when I meet people in their late 60s even 70s that are more into fb groups than forums.

I have also noticed that news and information about events, rallies, etc. comes much, much faster to fb than it does to forums....this one or the new GDRV4LIFE. Again, nothing scientific.....just my casual observations.

In short, I visit both the fb groups and this forum daily.....as evidenced by this post.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    I think Jim was just trying to get the most recent up to date news so he was fb surfing.

I came here first.....I just joined fb three years ago. However, I do belong to the Momentum Owners group, Grand Design Owners-Items For Sale group, Grand Design group, Grand Design Full Timers group and Grand Design Big Rig Parking group and I'm an administrator on the 376TH / 374TH Momentum / Solitude Grand Design RV Owners group.

My observation, while certainly not scientific by any means, is that this forum offers a lot more "experienced" RVers and therefore, more reliable solutions to issues and problems. This forum is more "been there and done that". FB is more flighty.....want the short, quick answer without having to use the search feature, etc. although the answers I see often aren't very reliable.

I have referred Momentum 376TH owners here to the fb group and I've posted on all of the fb groups that I belong to about this forum. I've also had conversations with people.....even in my age group (68), that just aren't interested in forums (RV or motorcycles). I find that kind of surprising when I do run in to those people. I was way late comeing to the fb for anything and so I'm surprised when I meet people in their late 60s even 70s that are more into fb groups than forums.

I have also noticed that news and information about events, rallies, etc. comes much, much faster to fb than it does to forums....this one or the new GDRV4LIFE. Again, nothing scientific.....just my casual observations.

In short, I visit both the fb groups and this forum daily.....as evidenced by this post.
    WOW. I’m beginning to think your a groupeeee
    2018 F-350 6.7L diesel SRW CCSB Lariat with OEM rolling tonneau
    Pullrite Superglide OE Series #2914, Titan 55Gal Tank(midship)
    2018 Momentum 354 M-Class no mods yet.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    So I went exploring Facebook tonight. I know, I'm a glutton for punishment.
    I did a search of Grand Design groups on FB. Believe it or not, I found 89 different groups dedicated to GDRV in one form or another. Yikes.

Jim
    Hey Jim, make that 90!

I just created a group called "Solar-powered Grand Design RV".

There are SO MANY useless bloated Facebook groups out there.
    A lot of these groups seem to be populated by antagonists and trolls; people with no desire to contribute in a positive way.
    One BIG problem with most FB groups is that no one enforces the rules because they don't want to offend anyone.
    Their interest is only in growing the member count, regardless of the quality of content.
    Another problem is that their focus is too broad so very few people actually get help.
    These are just some of the reasons the handful of moderators on most FB groups can't keep up with all the negativity, bullying and spam. It's like herding cats!

If I'm looking for info on solar for my Reflection, I don't want to have to scroll through 20 posts about tires, furnaces, and hitches. I also don't want to scroll through an endless sea of people arguing about why their Ford or Chevy or Dodge is a better tow vehicle or be inundated by 94 comments about why your awning is falling off.

So I created a group that not only requires members to be Grand Design RV owners but owners with an interest in solar power. If someone posts questions or comments about their Airstream or Jayco they are removed. Also if Grand Design owners swing by to discuss problems with their tires or tow vehicles, those posts will be removed as well.
    As you said, there are already 89 Facebook groups for all of that.

I believe there are people out there that want to participate in a smaller more structured group like this. Who knows, maybe it will blow up in my face, maybe only 3 people join and it never really goes anywhere. My goal is simply to have a Facebook group that is as friendly and helpful as this forum has been, but laser-focused on solar, so that the members can actually contribute and get help... a group where people feel safe enough to post questions without fear of being targeted by a dozen internet bullies.
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 04-15-2019 at 03:10 PM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something that bothers me about facebook is when there is to be some kind of announcement for anything say like details of a rally for example, the forum is ignored. We either never find out or not until much later. Including things from GD or other sources that should know to let us know too.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Something that bothers me about Facebook is when there is to be some kind of announcement for anything say like details of a rally, for example, the forum is ignored. We either never find out or not until much later. Including things from GD or other sources that should know to let us know too.
    This is why we need a rally that is just for members here.

: )
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Facebook site is beyond absurd. Horrible decision by GD to abandon this site. This site built loyalty, social media destroys it. FB is full of misinformation. Same questions over and over, tires, toilet paper and the most annoying of all truck brand discussions.
    Chris and Debbie
    St. Charles County, MO
    2007 Dodge Ram Cummins DRW
    2015 369RL Solitude

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    So I went exploring Facebook tonight. I know, I'm a glutton for punishment. I did a search of Grand Design groups on FB. Believe it or not, I found 89 different groups dedicated to GDRV in one form or another. Yikes. Jim
    I don't have and never will have a Facebook account yet I'm somehow able to own, repair, upgrade, and enjoy a Grand Design trailer without knowing any of the information posted in those 89 - oops, 90 - Facebook groups.

This is a great place... thanks to all the mods and the owners.
    Last edited by boyscout; 12-28-2019 at 09:40 AM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    Must have been a slow night in the desert. Or maybe doing some prep work for your trip to IN (or possibly post trip?)

Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mtpocket View Post
    The Facebook site is beyond absurd. Horrible decision by GD to abandon this site. This site built loyalty, social media destroys it. FB is full of misinformation. Same questions over and over, tires, toilet paper and the most annoying of all truck brand discussions.

I guess now we know why OP was "exploring" FB at the time.....

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12