User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem with GD Customer Service Response

Is anyone having issues with GD Customer Service response? I have waited on hold as long as 45 minutes, talked to a rep (now two) sent pictures to them but still have to do follow up a week later to see how the issue will be resolved because I don't get a response. Not sure if this is a Covid issue but would be nice if someone could just tell me if it is.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Due to the recent increase in sales they are probably drowning in warranty work. Covid has caused some supply issues but shouldn't affect any communication.
    Good luck.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you were here, you'd see exactly how hopping they are and it's generally the same amount of staff as before the rush. Personally, I think it always best to be proactive and do the timely follow-ups myself. These are definitely unusual times with the surge demand, supply chain challenges, difficulty getting units delivered, and, oh man, some of the damage coming into the Servixe Center is more akin to major rebuild than repairs...
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have only called them once but didn't have to wait on phone very long, less than 20 min. Talked to a service rep and he gave me an email and has been very prompt with responses.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    If you were here, you'd see exactly how hopping they are and it's generally the same amount of staff as before the rush. Personally, I think it always best to be proactive and do the timely follow-ups myself. These are definitely unusual times with the surge demand, supply chain challenges, difficulty getting units delivered, and, oh man, some of the damage coming into the Servixe Center is more akin to major rebuild than repairs...
    Where is "here" and what staff are you referring to? The OP was asking about GD's warranty service people and their lack of response, are you there with them?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhedd View Post
    Where is "here" and what staff are you referring to? The OP was asking about GD's warranty service people and their lack of response, are you there with them?
    Yes, I am out here at the Factory Service Center where GD Customer Service sits.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Yes, I am out here at the Factory Service Center where GD Customer Service sits.
    OK. Unusual for someone from GD to be posting out in the "open", I assume you work there as you seem knowledgeable about staff numbers. Yeah, I believe they are drowning in warranty work.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhedd View Post
    OK. Unusual for someone from GD to be posting out in the "open", I assume you work there as you seem knowledgeable about staff numbers. Yeah, I believe they are drowning in warranty work.
    Nope, I don't work for GD at all. Sorry for the confusion in how I stated that. Just a GD owner, and I am out at the Factory Service Center having issues with my Solitude taken care of. When you interact with GD in-person at the rallies and here at the plants and service center, you get to know the people behind the scenes and how through these times they're wearing more hats than ever. I have made the rounds to all of the friends I have made over the years in Forest River, Jayco, Patrick, MORryde, Lippert, and a few others while out here, and it's the same story throughout. Recent discussions elsewhere keep saying how the manufacturers need to hire more people for "X" jobs to address demand/customers/quality/etc., but when you don't consider that every manufacturer and raw material/finished component supplier in the RV manufacturing hub of Indiana is in the same demand position it's not being realized that there aren't more people to be had...
    Last edited by geotex1; 11-03-2020 at 06:04 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidford View Post
    Is anyone having issues with GD Customer Service response? I have waited on hold as long as 45 minutes, talked to a rep (now two) sent pictures to them but still have to do follow up a week later to see how the issue will be resolved because I don't get a response. Not sure if this is a Covid issue but would be nice if someone could just tell me if it is.
    I have to say I have found customer service to be consistently inconsistent, response can be anything from immediate to weeks later. Further the tone of the response has varied from friendly and helpful to close to rude. They have a long way to go to live up to their marketing. That said they have covered every warranty issue in the end.
    2018 Reflection 27RL
    2017 GMC 2500

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent customer service so far

Quote Originally Posted by Davidford View Post
    Hi... I have owned my 2600 RB for a month now. Started calling GD Customer service a month before picking my rig up to get help in outfitting it. Then called when doing maintenance on wheel bearings. Total of six times in 60 days. There have been a few times I waited upto 45 min and then others where it was a minute. I have talked to 5 different tech, each time I am impressed with their care, concern and patience. Sometimes it takes a bit of discussion and even research while on the phone but in the end get the info needed and attention required to ensure I am left fully educated. They are the best in my assessment compared to many other companies.
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧-
    2019 Imagine 2600RB
    2018 Toyota Land Cruiser
    Curt WD and Echo & Airbags

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast