User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    That's a real possibility. What kind of glue did you use?
    ABS. Typical sewer plumbing glue for ABS.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    That's a real possibility. What kind of glue did you use?
    About $7 at Home Depot ..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0cf2197f-445f-4799-b708-0c2f9558d754.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	32733
    signature

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They sell a number of variations on the valve, including one that can be glued to a plain pipe end. I went with the twist lock, and will do the screw trick...just in case I ever decide I need to replace it. Then I don't need to get out the saw, and get into a whole plumbing job.....
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did a permanent install on my 2010 Elkridge several years ago due to constantly leaking dump valves. Planning on adding one to my new 303, I’ll seriously consider the screw trick if the add on valve doesn’t stick out too far. Thanks for the ideas.

Darrin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS Pulled by 2019 F350 Crew cab diesel with Andersen hitch
    Still own: 2010 Heartland Elkridge 34DSRL

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I did ours the hard way. I went to our local Camping World and had the guy look "upstairs" for a gate like the one shown, except I got the "glue-on" version with the flanged cap. Lowes sells ABS glue. I sawed the existing flange off the pipe in a way so that the new valve wouldn't stick out too far. Also, fortunately, with our Solitude I can leave the "final valve' closed and open both gray tank valves which allows the two tanks to equalize, effectively doubling the capacity.

One thing about ABS glue... It starts dying so fast that when you apply it to the pipe if you don't assemble the parts IMMEDIATELY, you will not get them to mate! The joint is usable in minutes. Just FYI.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could you take a picture of how you added the screw and post it? I have this issue, too. Everytime I try to take off (or is it add) the hose, I'm trying to juggle keeping it on. Directed to @sande005

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    I did a permanent install on mine. Mostly because I didn't like how far the add-on stuck out. Cut, glued never looked back!

Attachment 32730
    I'm thinking this if I have to do the mod? Why go with a twist on? If you have the problem, you aren't taking it off later are you? So glue 'r' up and be done with it!
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    I'm thinking this if I have to do the mod? Why go with a twist on? If you have the problem, you aren't taking it off later are you? So glue 'r' up and be done with it!
    That's what I did. Just glued it on with PVC Black. Then I thought I'd I ever have a problem, I have to cut the dang thing off... Oh well. I glued both of mine on!

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
    I drilled small hole at top through Valterra valve and camper connection when installed and used very small screw that would just go through Valterra valve and camper connection. Now valve is permanent and easy to replace if every needed.

Now that's a good ideal, I think that I will put a screw through both just to make sure, I need to get it back from the dealer it been there since Dec, bummer.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DirectionWideOpen View Post
    Could you take a picture of how you added the screw and post it? I have this issue, too. Everytime I try to take off (or is it add) the hose, I'm trying to juggle keeping it on. Directed to @sande005

I also use some gorilla glue on the taps, but I might later cut it off and put one on permanent those.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast